5.05.2005

One mother's day gift done... continued



Yarn: abut 5 skeins of GGH Aspen in Camel
Needles: Pink Boyes US 10.5
Pattern: Rebecca 28 No 7

Date Started: 5.3.2005
Date Finished: 5.4.2005

Really quick, straightforward lace. I would consider this a confidence booster for those that are scared of lace since this is a four line repeat on bulky yarn and good sized needles.
I'll most likely knit it again but in a more exciting yarn.

How did I come upon this yarn? In cleaning up my yarn stash I found this sweater I never finished :


first sweater

lovely I know! But I just didn't want to finish it; the color, the shape, the size, it was all wrong. I had knitted it years ago and had bought the yarn from knitpicks back in the days they actually sold yarn from other companies.

So I began to unravel the yarn (with my nifty new yarn spinner!) and, voila, a nice, comfy scarf. I hope my mom likes it, since she'll be getting this and a bag all in the same yarn. I think I have nine more skeins of this stuff!

Here's another view:


and got this out of it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home