2.12.2006

Elfine's

elfine socks

Yarn: Nature's Palette in Mallard
Needles: 2mm Addi Turbos
Pattern:
Elfine Socks by Anna
Date Started: 2.04.06
Date Finished: 2.11.06

The second time was definitely the charm! Note to self: DO NOT knit during the holidays or while stressed, you'll just end up with bent needles and an unfinished project. Last time I only managed to make it to the fifth row in the pattern and these poor socks lived in that state for months. I restarted them last weekend in a more relaxed atmosphere (syrah always helps) and let's just say it was for the better. I switched to one sock at a time and used a turkish cast on. I'm still surprised at how fast these socks knit up on 2 mm's (Addi's don't come in 2.25 mm), the lace kept my attention the whole way through. It never got boring to watch the pattern develop, especially with this yarn.

Elfine toes

The nature's palette was perfect for these, the slight color variegation kept things from getting or looking boring. I really like the feel of the yarn, slightly crunchy while still being soft. I like my socks to have a little body or weight to them and this yarn provided that.

The color is truer in the top pic, blame the snow for the second one.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are some lovely socks there, yahaira. very lovely, indeed! Anna's patterns are the best, aren't they!

12/2/06 10:22 PM  
Blogger heatherfeather said...

oi... mine are languishing waiting for the second pattern repeat past the heel... in fact they've been sitting 2 inches from the computer this whole time...

you may have just inspired me to pick them back up!

12/2/06 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

booyah! i actually got that "word verification" thingy right on my very first attempt. that NEVER happens. am I the only one that can't read those swirly -ass letters?

12/2/06 10:24 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Oooh, pretty! I love the yarn you chose. Enjoy those socks!

12/2/06 11:28 PM  
Blogger E said...

I LOVE those. Great job! Are you a fellow Olympian?

13/2/06 12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoop whooop! Great job, girl!

13/2/06 1:16 AM  
Blogger Terhi said...

Beautiful socks, Yahaira! I just can't resist anything green - these socks are going to my to do -list right away! :-)

13/2/06 4:00 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

They are lovely!

13/2/06 9:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous! Wow, you knitted those FAST.

13/2/06 10:45 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

such a rich color and beautiful design. nice work, as always.

13/2/06 11:54 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Beautiful!

13/2/06 11:55 AM  
Blogger Casey said...

The yarn you chose is perfect for that pattern! I really want to knit those socks but I want a subtly variegated yarn like the yarn you chose but I haven't found any yet. I'm trying to avoid having to order some. Great socks and I hope you get lots of wear out of them!

13/2/06 12:44 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

OH pretty pretty! I'm so glad to see them all knit up! I really love the color! Perfect for that pattern! I can't wait to start on mine!!

13/2/06 12:48 PM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

They look Great! I'm adding these to my short list!

13/2/06 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Nice job finishing. They look very cute and comfy.

13/2/06 2:54 PM  
Blogger jennie said...

lovely, lovely! the yarn is perfect -- i've been using yarn with much stronger color differentiation, and while i like it, i think it distracts from the lace. yours look great.

13/2/06 3:04 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

They look wonderful. I've still never seen that yarn in person. If you google Addi 2.5mm, you get lots of hits. Maybe they're not carried by many stores here?

13/2/06 4:04 PM  
Blogger kris said...

now that is just disgusting! what were you thinking finishing them! no membership for you, young lady!

unless of course you send them to me... mmmmm pretty pretty socks...

13/2/06 4:48 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Those are gorgeous. I like them even better than the ones used in the pattern's photo. It's easier to see the lace detail with a subtle color change yarn. :)

13/2/06 8:41 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

the Elfines look great! beautiful yarn and a perfect fit. Nice job.

14/2/06 10:56 AM  
Blogger xmasberry said...

you know, i am reading this post for the second time and i just realized that i have that same yarn, same color, everything. Which i have ripped out of the socks they were becoming (which were not going to fit, i discovered, hence the rip) and now will become something else. Hopefully something as lovely as your elfine socks! I do love that yarn.

1/3/06 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home