5.08.2005

Spiderweb Capelet is done!

Spiderweb Capelet

Spiderweb Capelet - front

Spiderweb Capelet - back



Yarn: Crystal Palace Merino Frappe in New Sorbet 1 Skein
Needles: Clover Bamboo US 15 Circulars 24"
Pattern: Stitch 'n Bitch Nation
Date Started: 5.5.2005
Date Finishe: 5.6.2005

I hated knitting it, but I love the end result. I think its one of the most beautiful things I've knitted. The color combo I chose really helps. I used a brown velvet ribbon instead of the cord with pompoms as a tie. It's undeniably girly now.

The pattern is quite frustrating, so I would suggest writing every row out on a piece of paper so you don't have to keep searching in the book. Somehow I ended up with more stitches at one point so I just decreased evenly throughout one of the purl rows. I used way less than one skein though the pattern asks for two, so with the leftover yarn I made a sash to go with it. Even with all the annoyances of the pattern it was a quick knit; I would have been done earlier if I hadn't taken so many breaks to eat, surf the web, email, or scream.

I'll be making another one of these for myself since I made this one for my mom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Atouria said...

The capelet looks beautiful! I love the color that you chose. Pink + brown = teh win. :) Did you give it to your mom yet? I bet she loves it!

What color are you going to make yours?

9/5/05 6:39 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

aww thanks atouria! I bought two skeins of the pink so I'll be making mine exactly the same. pink+brown=happiness

9/5/05 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home