7.08.2005

24


Yarn: Colinette Point 5 in Mist and a 3 stranded mohair yarn in pink and brown
Needles: US 17
Pattern: "24" (my own)
Date Started: 6.20.05
Date Finished: 7.7.05

Ok, I didn't really take me that long to knit this scarf, but maybe some of you remember that I started and frogged this many times before it looked the way I wanted it to. Funny enough, I finished this with the pattern I originally started with (don't tell the bf that!).

I had all this Point 5 that I got for my bday, but I really didn't know what else to do with it. I originally asked for it to make some hats, but I made one and hated it! So a scarf it is. This one only took less than one skein of both yarns, so know I have to think of something to make with the leftovers. I see myself making one of those freaking scrap wraps once I have enough of these leftovers. I'm not sure what I feel about that!

What about this scarf? I think it's one only it's knitter could love. I love it, I think it's ugly enough to be cute. The bf thinks it's weird, so maybe that makes me like it more muahaha. I like the difference between the thin mohair and the super thick and thin wool. I wanted the wool to thin out the mohair so it was skinny and fat and thick and thin. I also knit it so that it would curl in to help out my thinning out idea. If I decide to later, I might get a better pic of this since the ones the bf took were all weird and the ones I took cut off my head.

The pattern is super easy, I just randomly decided where I wanted the wool and the mohair. All you have to do is knit one row and then k1p1 in the next. This really helped the thick and thin style of Point 5 come out even more.




8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scarf is really cool! Its works in a deconstructed, independent designer sort of way. Nice job!

8/7/05 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that scarf! It's totally awesome. Will you explain better how you did that, cause I want to knit one.

8/7/05 4:15 PM  
Blogger Atouria said...

I absolutely love it! It is so unique and cool looking! The curling in is definitely a good look for that scarf. It's RAD! :)

8/7/05 5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my GOSH!
That is BY far one of the coolest scarves ever. ever. It reminds me of jellyfish in a very very good way! I'm a jealous.

9/7/05 1:02 PM  
Blogger illanna said...

Wow that's really cool! I like how the point 5 is bulging from the mohair. It sort of looks like a little animal that's trapped in a mohair net, in a cute way. I'm not evil, I just think that the scarf is awesome. Great job at using your stash. You should be a wool badge!

9/7/05 9:12 PM  
Blogger illanna said...

I also love the word "muahaha." Excellent :)

9/7/05 9:12 PM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

Beautiful. When I was at the LYS this weekend, I saw the Point 5, and THIS scarf started yelling at me from cyberspace. Lucky for my wallet, I was able to shut out the voice just long enough to make my escape from the store.

11/7/05 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its gorgeous!

11/7/05 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home