7.01.2005

A good bias?



Yarn: Mission falls 1824 Cotton in green (7 skeins)
Needles: US 8 Addi Turbos
Pattern: "A Good Bias"

Date Started: 6.11.05
Date Finished: 7.1.05


(Ignore purple outfit!)

Yes that's right, I finally finished it! Just a few minutes ago no less. I don't think it really took me three weeks to knit, I mean, I knitted it off and on ever since I started it on KIP Day.

It's a pretty easy knit (lace knitting, not knitted lace!) and I'm glad I got to use mission falls. I got to use a little kitchener stitch and do some sleeve seaming, woohoo! Other than that there isn't much to say about the knitting. Oh, I did find that when seaming the sleeves I had to go beyond my markers to make it look right.

What do I think? Not so sure yet. I had fun knitting it so that's a plus. But wearing it? Well, let's just say it's not quite my style. Apparently I have very short arms, I thought it was suppossed to be a three-quarter sleeve! I measured it and it's right, but it's big on me. Maybe after blocking it will look better. What?! I seamed it before blocking? oooohhh yeah! I know no rules! That and the pattern said to, so there.

ugh a post without a pic, so boring. I promise I'll post one later tonight.

edit: here they are. The more I look at them the more I hate this thing. It's so frumpy! At least mine doesn't have that weird pointy thing I've seen a bunch of people end up with on theirs. Nope, no pointy thing here. Just a lot of lumpiness around my neck and it sort of does a folding thing on the lower back part. Now that I tried it on again I realize how hot it feels (grant it, it is a million degrees and humid outside). Nope, not a good bias at all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Atouria said...

The pics are a little hard to see, but I love the way the lace looks on the arms. i think it looks like a nice length on your arms. Something about a non-fitted, 3/4 sleeves seems odd to me, though. So, I'd say your take on it is better (even if unintentional. :)

Great job!

2/7/05 7:46 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

Thanks Atouria!

The pics suck, but it was the best I could do quickly :(

I love the lace in this as well, I just don't get why it bunches up on the top and bottom.

2/7/05 9:40 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I really like yours. How did you end up without the point in the back? I am maybe halfway through with one sleeve and would love to avoid the point if possible, if I ever get back to it!

26/8/05 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home