2.27.2006

There's been knitting

x-posted

I've kinda been out of the blogging world this week, but I have been knitting behind the scenes if you will. On Friday, I was able to bind off the body on Angelica, which gave me hope to finish this last weekend. But alas the bind off was too tight, so I undid the bind off, added an inch of length and bound off again with bigger needles. Still tight! umm me thinks I need to add some hip increases, oops. Oh well, at least that will be fast. I think I'll work on the sleeves though first and then go back and deal with the body. Nothing like false progress to raise the spirits.

So far this has been a relaxing and enjoyable knit, which I really needed this last week. I'm talking about getting both stitch and row gauge people! The fit ... perfect! And the hipknits silk is soooo soft. It doesn't dry my hands out like other silks or silk-blends have.

18 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

Loving the colour, can't wait to see it all done.

27/2/06 5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is looking gorgeous. Can wait to see it!

27/2/06 5:41 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

The color is beautiful!

27/2/06 5:50 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a rich, lovely color. I'm just starting on Angelica right now. I'm glad to hear it's a relaxing knit!

27/2/06 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have been such a tease lately! that is some awesome yarn. can't wait to see the sweater all seamed up and ready to wear. :)

27/2/06 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome colour... I want to see the whole thing unfolded tho...

27/2/06 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, what great progress! It looks delicious.

27/2/06 7:32 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

i'm sure it will be worth the wait. absolutely adore the color

27/2/06 10:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's beautiful and looks so wonderfully yummy silky soft...

27/2/06 10:51 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

mmmmmm, yarnover raglan shaping. looks great and love the color!

27/2/06 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the famous Hipknits silk? It's such a lovely colour. It's good to know that it is soft. Most silks I have come across tend to be a little stiff.

28/2/06 1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn you're using is simply divine - the colour is so gorgeous! Was it custom dyed?

PS: Glad to hear you're back - have been missing your posts ;)

xxx

28/2/06 8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such patience! such diligence!

28/2/06 11:03 AM  
Blogger Katia said...

I really love the colour you have chosen - I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

28/2/06 12:28 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Great color choice. Getting gauge is great!

28/2/06 1:26 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It looks incredible! Can't wait to see the FO, ya weiner.

28/2/06 2:25 PM  
Blogger Memeeflye said...

That is a really beautiful color

28/2/06 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when things fit purfeckly? I bet knitting with silk is lovely.

- MJ

1/3/06 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home