3.20.2006

Who loves you baby?!

My dearest sockpal,

I've been a selfish knitter only thinking of me!me!me!! (hence the whole selfish thing, see how that workS?). Sure, I could say I wanted a clean slate when I started your socks, but who would believe that? I mean, let's face it, those last few socks I knit weren't wip's for long. I've been ignoring you, there I said it. Why, you ask? Your feet. I have no concept of what an 11" foot is. What size is that? I already went over that before, so I'll stop holding out. Guess what, I got you some yarn. Yarn just for you, in a color only you can have (well, unless someone decides they like it and goes asking for it. I can't make any guarantees). Want to see?

Sundara sport merino

Isn't that a sexy yarn? Custom. For you. Two gorgeous hanks of sport merino from Sundara Yarn (aka Purly) in a grey, blue, greeny color. I know I don't have the right words to describe the colors other than 'perfect' and 'manly'. This was all Purly's doing, I simply told her what your preferences were and what I had in mind and well she makes me look good. I think this could get me into trouble though, once you go custom can you ever go back? I see a lot more Sundara yarn coming my way, that aran silky merino is calling me. Oh, but this is about you sockpal.

You will love the feel of this yarn, soft is an understatement. Scrumptious would be a better word. Addicting is even better. The whole time I was away this weekend I kept thinking about the yarn and what pattern I would knit with it. As soon as I came back home, I ran in to pet it (stop looking at me that way).


Soon there will be sockapalooza knitting. Soon my pal.

(to see bigger individual images:
1.
Sundara sportweight merino, 2. Sundara sportweight merino, 3. Sundara sportweight merino, 4. Sundara sportweight merino, 5. Sundara sportweight merino, 6. Sundara sportweight merino)

16 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Oooh...very pretty yarn!! Purly is so talented that she can even make gray yarn (which I typically categorize under "boring") look luscious! Can't wait to see what you knit up for your pal!

20/3/06 6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what pattern are you thinking!
with that oh so amazing yarn?

20/3/06 6:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - your first sentence put the "Louis XIV" song by the band Louise XIV in my head ("me me me me is all I talk about") and now it's stuck there.

I have a women's size 11 foot, which is a bit over 10.5" long. Drop me a note if you have questions about the life of the spectacularly foot-endowed. :D

20/3/06 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your pal appreciates this. Damn. That's some very special yarn, and you're going to great lengths for him. 11". 'Nuff said.

20/3/06 8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really are the sweetest! I'm so glad you like the yarn, and seriously, your photos are the best.

20/3/06 8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is SO PERFECT! I think I might have to ask Purly to dye me some of that too.. ;)

20/3/06 8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy yarn. I wish that I was your sockpal. My feet, however, aren't that big. Or maybe they are and I'm doing the whole reverse psychology thingamagig.

20/3/06 10:15 PM  
Blogger elizabeth marley said...

So jealous of the lucky feet.
What pattern do you think you'll be using?

21/3/06 11:51 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Can I be your Sock Pal? That is gorgeous yarn! I can't wait to see what you'll do with it!

21/3/06 5:22 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Gorgeous yarn! I would mind being your sock pal.

How many skeins of Sundara's sock yarn is needed to make a pair of socks?

21/3/06 6:47 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

I meant I "WOULDN'T" mind being your sock pal. Sorry for the typo. How embarassing!

21/3/06 7:26 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You are just going crazy with that Flicker collage! It's like a new toy!

Wendy

21/3/06 11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How unselfish of you to get to knitting those socks. Smile.
I'm sure your Pal will love '
em.
Knit on!

22/3/06 2:17 PM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

Ohh That yarn is scrumptious...she does great work! I can't wait to see how it knits up.

23/3/06 3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd give you hell for being the worst sock pal ever but that title proudly belongs to me. I think I better cast on for my Sockapalooza socks this weekend and get a-cracking.

That yarn is GORGEOUS, btw. Your sock pal is so lucky. Darn her!

23/3/06 4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my god that yarn is amazing. i lust for it. i must have it. i am now adding 2" to my foot so i can be your sock pal. or i will find out who they are and then try my hand at larceny. (that yarn is now my idea of heaven. just so you know)

--lindsey p

24/3/06 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home