5.20.2005

le foulard francais

drop-stitch scarf

Yarn: GGH Angora 1 full skein a bit of a second one
Needles: US 15
Pattern: drop stitch
Date started: 5.17.2005
Dated finished:5.18.2005

I knitted this scarf while I was visiting my parents. I didn't bring too much to knit, but I had packed this angora yarn not really knowing what I wanted to make with it. I was going to make a spiral scarf, but I didn't have the right needles. Then I tried to make a "lost in translation scarf" but I didn't really like the pattern I tried and I didn't think it would really work with this yarn. So this is what I came up with. It's an incredibly soft, delicate scarf. I could have stopped with one skein but I wanted the end of the scarf to match the beginning.

Pattern:
cast on 16 stitches.
r1-3 knit
(rs)r4 knit
r5 purl
r6 knit
r7 purl
(rs)r8 *k1 yo2*
r9 *k1 drop yo's*
(rs)r10 purl

repeat till the scarf is as long as you would like, but I ended after a purl row (r10)

bo all stitches.



close up

4 Comments:

Blogger Tere said...

Thank you for posting the pattern for the french scarf. Its so lovely!! Great job :)
Tere

23/5/05 11:44 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

aww thanks, no problem! I love sharing stuff and finding new things.

23/5/05 11:53 AM  
Blogger Atouria said...

I love that scarf! I appreciate the pattern, too. I'll have to make one this winter. :)

26/5/05 10:20 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

ohh I cant wait to see it and what yarn you get to use

26/5/05 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home