6.23.2005

The BF does good



You can tell the BF and I have been together for over five years, how else do you explain this yarn?! 200 yds of yummy goodness; handyed cashmere in pinks and greys. I think this will be a scarf, since I don't have a hat pattern that I want to make with this. Wristlets/arm warmers are my other choice. I'll have to check out my patterns for gauge and yardage.

Weird fact of the day: knit fix is actually a company for knitting bags and needle holders. So if I wanted to get my own site I would need a new name. I think I need a new name anyway because my friend wants me to knit scarves for her boutique. I'm pretty happy about this since I've been looking for a new job and I figure I could do this for the fall and winter. Any reasons I shouldn't do it? I've already looked for some web addresses to see if they are available and nope a lot of them aren't (a lot of nonexistent sites are taken). The winners right now are pureknits (or pure knit), kniter, and knitterati (though I'm not sure how I feel about that one). Any suggestions? I figure whatever I pick I can make it a store/blog site.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lothruin said...

What a good BF. My husband just rolls his eyes when he sees yarn. And we've been together just as long.

23/6/05 11:35 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I like knitterati too. And a boyfriend who buys you cashmere - hello, I'm jealous!!!!!

24/6/05 10:06 AM  
Blogger illanna said...

Very Very VERY awesome. Another one-skein wonder? Hmmmm... name your company huh? How about Yahaira Knits? then you can make Yahaira going horizontal and Knits going vertical through the "I" in Yahaira? No that's lame. How about Aqua Teen Yahaira Force? Or "Team Yahaira, Knit Police?" How about just knit police? What about "Rosie's Yarn Cellar" (oh wait that's already taken isn't it?).

I used to sell scarves last winter. I sold them for 20 dollars. You can see some of them in my November archives. Yes, I sold out... I knit fun fur scarves. People loved them though!

24/6/05 11:30 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

yeah I was worried about putting any name ideas up, but I figure we will all know who stole it and then we can team up and beat them!

I like knitterati too, but the .com is taken by apparently nothing. I guess I could get the .net, but last night I had a dream where all of us were part of the knitterati ala the craft mafia. Would anyone else be interested in selling stuff/patterns and then linking up through the knitterati?

the bf is cool, but we don't all see on here is how bored he gets at stores and how much he spends on his gadgets. it evens out in the end :)

so whatever happened to your business illanna?

24/6/05 11:38 AM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

Knitterati would make cute tags. I'm not sure I'd pick it for a store name, but for a business name, it's very nice.

24/6/05 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home