6.22.2005

You've talked me into it!

I knew in the back of my mind that it would be fine, but I needed to hear it from other knitters. I'll be signing up for the Teva Workshop! And no I won't be making that in Fair Isle (hate it!), though I don't even know if that's what you make in the class. It says designing with short rows, so who knows.

I've been working away on the tulle bag, which is slow going since I'm knitting with tulle! That was kind of obvious, huh? It's a monotonous knit, the only thing that keeps it interesting is the material, so it only gets my attention while I'm watching tv or I'm procrastinating on something else. I'm half way done with the bag part, then I'll have to make the lining and decorations. I also started the second sleeve for the IK shrug so hopefully I'll have another FO some time soon.


Nothing else really to report, just looking for some new shoes (the bf threw my sandals away*), got a haircut today (I had stalled for three months because I didn't know what I wanted), and I got some yarn from the bf today (I don't know if he's making up for the sandals or the yarn he threw away by mistake a few months ago). It's one skein of hand dyed cashmere! I'll post a yummy pic tomorrow, but you have to believe me when I say that it's so soft to the touch. It's so cute as well. There's 200 yds in the skein he gave me, so I don't know if I'll make a yummy skinny scarf with it or a hat (what else can you do with 200 yds of sport weight yarn?). If it was worsted, then you know I would be making an OSW!

*Now, before anyway thinks the BF is the biggest bastard in the world, he was doing it to save me from myself. Let me explain. As you know, we were down at the shore this weekend, which in Jersey means walking up and down the boardwalk. Well, I only took two pairs of sandals with me (brown and black) and really just wore the black ones, since they matched what I was wearing. umm, yeah so these sandals were already falling apart when I took them there (they are meant to, since they warn you they won't last forever and they come with "bandaids" for the sandals), but I didn't care. Until we stopped walking somewhere and my feet were in extreme pain. I looked at my feet and there were huge blisters on the bottom of my right foot! The plastic that covers the foam had rubbed on my feet as it was peeling away. Right there I got the "why do you wear sandals, why not regular shoes like everyone else?!" speech. I've heard it before, so I ignored it. I didn't expect him to throw them away when we got back to our friend's house, but he did. Now he owes me shoes. He wants me to get running shoes, but why would I wear running shoes when I'm clearly not running or working out? He so doesn't get it. oh well, hopefully I'll be getting shoes sometime this week. The funny thing is, I have a ton of pumas and diesel's under my dresser. Sneaker stash anyone?



3 Comments:

Blogger illanna said...

Are they those flip-flops made by "sugar?" I had a pair of those too, and they also came with band-aids for the shoe... should have come with band-aids for ME! They lasted about a month! Hand-dyed cashmere... now THAT will last forever!

23/6/05 9:29 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

yep those are the ones! the flip-flaps...should be called flip-craps or something. I bought some last year that are still good as new, but the ones I bought this spring are in the garbage. I wish I still had them so I could take a pic.

23/6/05 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh you should get a pair of birkenstocks..they last forever & they have some pretty freaking cute ones now..not just the earthy crunchy ones..I have 3 pairs and I find thats all I can wear...err and a fancy pants pair of marc jacobs moccasins..ok. enough shoe talk.

argh. i would LOVE LOVE LOVE that yarn you have. you are a lucky duck miss!

23/6/05 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home