7.09.2005

Secret Pal Strikes Again

I swear I must know my secret pal in "real life" or something, because she knows exactly what to get me. I just got my July package today and I love it! First up some fingering weight handpainted wool:


handpainted wool


The weird thing is, I had a dream that I was using some yarn in these colors. Freaky right?! Now, will these colors work with the cashmere yarn for a skinny scarf? I figure I can get an even longer scarf if I switch between the two. What do you guys think ?




What else did she get me? Something that matches what I'm knitting right now so well that it's scary.



Aren't those stitch markers cute!? And red!! How perfect, they go with my minisweater. The light red yarn is the bamboo I dyed to soften up the wool. It's working, but I think I could have gone with four strands of the bamboo, the stuff is incredibly thin. I dyed the bamboo lighter than the wool so it would brighten things up and give an overall heathered effect. So far I'm loving the look of it. Don't tell anyone though, but I never unraveled the yarn into a hank before dyeing. I just placed both tiny skeins into a bowl of dye, yep I got lucky!

My other yarn is still drying outside. I'm not sure how I feel about the color; I left it a little longer than I had wanted to because some telemarketer called...sigh. But here it is:



Before and after

I really hope this matches the soysilk!
My lovely pal also got me a cute pink bag for my knitting and a little tape measure, but I couldn't get a good pic of them. I'll try again tomorrow and upload them.

I still haven't sent my July package to my pal; she never posted what I sent her last month and I'm not quite sure what to send her this time. I have a few things I've picked up here and there, but I still don't feel I have enough. I tried getting her something today and the Haddonfield Arts and Craft fair, but to let's just say I was underwhelmed. Hopefully I'll find something soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger illanna said...

That yarn is magnificent. Which yarn? ALL OF IT! Have you thought of using the koigu scarf pattern from Last mInute Knitted Gifts for the SP yarn and cashmere? The yarn you dyed is super pretty.

9/7/05 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new color too. I think that's the kind of prolcyon I got - a plumish orchid color. Neat! We'll have matching yarn. Hey, what's the brand of that lovely blue/green yarn you got there? I think I may be interested. Damn. Just to look. Cotton button was so hard-earned, I am not about to let it go.... or am I?

You're so right about the chocosho - that is nearly a carbon copy!

9/7/05 10:12 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

Thanks! I think I have deep purple and I mixed in some fire engine red and carmine (sp?) red to soften it up. My ac moore doesnt have much dye selection so I just kinda make it up :)

The blue green yarn (caribbean blue) is Claudia Hand Painted Yarns 100% merino wool fingering weight. Im not sure what it is since it says product of great britain on one side and then has a Virginia address on the other. Very confusing, yet very pretty.

Ill have to check out that pattern next time Im at the book store since I dont have that book yet.

9/7/05 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home