5.23.2005

Cabled Bag...sorta

start of cabled bag

After I finished my scarf, I decided to try my hands at knitting up a cabled bag inspired by this craftster post and this site. I only had US 15's, 7's and 8's to choose from so I went with 15's. I made mine a little bigger and it was super quick to knit up on the plane. Now I just need to stick some dowels in there. Umm how do I do this? I would have tried getting handles or casting on somehow on the dowels, but since I was in a plane I had, umm, no "access" to these goodies. So I just knitted...so now how do I place the dowels in it? Do I just slide them in between the stitches? I have the leftover dowel from the HP bag, so I can cut it to size, but I'm just not sure how to go about it. I still have to seam and line it and I'll write up what I did after I'm all done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Atouria said...

Those cables look awesome! I love it!

I can't speak for the person who made the clutch on craftster, but I know how you can do it. It seems to me that it would be done the same way that the handles are attached to the chinese charm bag in the first Stitch n bitch. You do bind off and take everything off the needles. No stretching out of the stitches. Unfortunately, the book doesn't go into much detail on how to attach them either.

*the following is me brainstorming.. it may or may not be coherent**

I was thinking of doing some figure 8 thingies, like how the mattress stitch is started, then just sewing loops around the handles to attach. I haven't tried it yet, because i want to line my bag first.

let me know how it goes!

26/5/05 10:19 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

hmm that sounds like a good idea, Ill have to experiment in the morning with that

thanks again!

26/5/05 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home