5.26.2005

proof!

kite?


That I finally finished the front. I guess my dreams of finishing this by the weekend and starting orangina are going to be broken. It looks like a big kite right now, so I'm not sure how this is going to go together. Weaving all the ends is going to be soooo fun. (I didn't want to risk cutting the yarn between the stripes cause I don't trust this yarn at all.) Now I found a dropped stitch, can I still fix this or can you only do it when you still have the work on the needles? I'll have to look into my books, but if anyone has any advice let me know please!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at the right column for the annoying adverts: http://www.ringsurf.com/netring?ring=yahaira;action=list

Well, if that doesn't work, click on "List" to see the list of websites on the ring -- that's where I saw those suckers.

What is that?! It looks so interesting! Does that constitute intarsia?

If I were you, I would grab a crochet hook and rework that dropped stitch (don't know how you would handle that color switching though) all the way up, then use a tiny bit of single-ply yarn to forcibly tie that baby down. Alternatively if the color switching will be too hard for that one dropped stitch (again, I can't quite imagine it), then at least work it to the next stripe, and then use a tiny bit of yarn to tie that baby down (on the underside). Probably not the ideal solution. But I think that's what I would do. Can't redo the whole thing... can't let it be....!

26/5/05 8:50 PM  
Blogger Atouria said...

Keridiana wrote exactly what i was going to say. Take it to the top of it's own color, if you can, then tie it off really well. I'm loving the colors!

26/5/05 10:09 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

woohoo I knew there was a way! I used my hook earlier but I didnt think of tying it duh! lol I'll make a little knot for it

nah it's just simple stripes :)

26/5/05 11:21 PM  
Blogger winnie said...

hey thanks for stopping by my blog. that bias tank is looking good. and the phildar top i am making..that's in the spring 2004 phildar tendences magazine.

27/5/05 5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home