5.27.2005

SP 5 Questionnaire

I still don't know who I get to spoil for the next three months, btu I figured I would finally post my answers in case someone already has me....so here ya go! and feel free to email me or comment on here!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
After trying out yarns at AC Moore, I can finally admit that yes I must me a yarn snob. (Sorry!) I have used some things that are acrylic blends (like GGH Goa) and love it so Im open. I've also come to really enjoy handspun or hand dyed yarns. But i just love anything that is pretty or feels good on my hands.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I never got the hang of crocheting, it hurts my hand too much. I don't know how to spin, but Im extremely interested in it. I just have no clue where I would learn about it.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No real allergies, though sometimes mohair makes me itch really bad. I don't like real strong smelling stuff (is that an allergy?) OMG I forgot I am allergic to chocolate! Silly me, I'm only thinking of knitting.

4. How long have you been knitting?
umm I think it's been 3 years. I learned from my bf's mom, but then I really got the hang of it from books.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yep! here ya go.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I dont really have a favorite scent since I use unscented dove, but when I buy nice soaps I usually get milk, almond, honey, or some other french ones. again, unscented or lightly scented candles are best.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Unfortunately, yes! And I'm a damn good baker sigh. Cookies, cakes, and pies kill me lol My waistline has never been the same.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I'm a photographer, I love to cook, and I try to sew.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yep my comp plays mp3s and I have an ipod! Im not sure what it is I like...I listen to n.e.r.d. nin, the libertines, franz ferdinand, smoosh, u2, gorillaz, the streets, jayz,

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like pinks, brown, black, grays, purples, and blues. Umm I dont know about colors I cant stand, I guess I cant imagines knitting something in orange. It just depends on how I react to the color when I first see it. I would like to start knititng in brown, maybe and olive brown.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
No pets, just my boyfriend :)

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To have my work shown in a New York gallery, to travel to Japan, to get enough confidence to feel like I have talent, and to find a job that I love. and I feel appreciated at.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I noticed that I've used a lot of ggh. I like crystal palace and rowan. But I'm open!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I hated Lamb's pride bulky...hated it!!! Im also not in love with Lions brand or sugar and cream. So really nothing too rough.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
good patterns, yarn, and learning new knitting techniques. I also love to wind my skeins into center pull balls/cakes though I cant imagine what I would be like if i ever get a swift (I just have the ball winder). One thing that I wish wasn't an obsession is finding my stitch markers, I'm constantly loosing the whole pack somewhere in my house. I think I need to get my third pack in a row. I want to learn how to make those cool looking ones or get some that look like sushi (yum!)

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like knitting bags, love knitting for others, but Im finally knitting tops for myself.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Bias top from spring/summer knit.1 mag. It's a pattern from the lovely Teva Durham.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I never did, but I like the shorter ones and capelets and shrugs. I've never knit one though, there was one from R2 I wanted to try, just never got the chance to.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Either really. Just depends what I'm knitting and what I have. My straights collections easily beats out my circs though.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Again depends on what I'm knitting. I love my addis, but I also love my crystal palace bamboo (my fave bamboo). I have one pair of plastics from clover that I have never been able to buy again (they are called Ivory Needles). I also have cheapie metal ones that work (though I hate them for circs).

21. Are you a sock knitter?
nope

22. How did you learn to knit?
combo of books and boyfriend's mom.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Well my oldest one was a sweater that was 2-3 years old, but I ripped it and made a scarf and two bags from it (I still have more yarn from it). So I guess my new oldest UFO is still 2 years old, the bust bathing suit from get crafty.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
none really. I like watching harvey birdman and family guy which doesnt help lol. I hate birds (dont ask) I like dogs (boston terriers, huskies, or those mini bulldogs french bulldogs or something im not sure)

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Hate to sound like a downer, but I don't really have one.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn! other than that, I have a ton of books and Ive been adding to my cookbook collection. Im an artist so I would love to start collecting art. (I have a tiny collection) Oh and I love anything Japanese

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits and Rebecca. I hate vogue ugh. I've never tried Rowan, but there's a pattern for a bag ("heirloom") in their new one but I dont know how to get single patterns

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Not sure, surprise me. Though I was interested in sarah dallas's new book, but I havent seen anything from it and Im scared that its going to be like vintage knits (too small for me, though I loved the book). I would like to learn to spin, hint hint, and that Pluckyfluff book looks insane, but it's too expensive. Art books are fun. Anything that doesnt have the word "hip" in the title and isnt for grandmas or for people having babies would be cool. Nothing boxy please!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo! Just your secret pal here, doing some recon. Looking forward to spoiling ya!! ;)

31/5/05 3:50 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

ahhh!! I'm so excited lol

1/6/05 9:54 AM  
Blogger illanna said...

I just bought you the book "Knitting for Hip Boxy Grandmas with Babies" It seemed like something you'd like :)

SOOOO much fun today, even in the Cosi oven. Can't wait til next week!

6/6/05 4:40 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

you bastard! lol

i had a great time too!

6/6/05 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home