6.14.2005

me? i'm meme

I've been tagged by Vy so here goes..

1. Total number of books I own?
Don't know an exact number since my library has been split up between here and the 'rent's house. I'm sure it's in the hundreds though counting cookbooks, craftbooks, novels, and textbooks. At least 200 if you need a number.

2. The last book I bought?
The Wonder Spot and Never Let Me Go about two weeks ago.

3. The last book I read?
For some reason this is really fuzzy. I read Pamela Anderson's
Star and I started a Proust (which I haven't picked back up). Star was a pretty lame book; an overexposed life under the veil of crappy fiction.

4. Five books that mean a lot to me?
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man first novel that really hit a chord with me, so vivid that to this day I can picture some of the scenes still. this is what a novel should be.
As I Lay Dying another one of those early novels, this one affected my senses more than anything
The Corrections great story, but what really got me here was the father with parkinson's (my mom has this)
Nickel and Dimed shows you what most of the country is going through
Yarn Girl's Guide
the first sweater pattern I ever attempted was from this book, though I never finished it (wool+summer=no!) I still think of it highly

5. Tag five people and have them fill this out in their blogs.
Illanna, Melissa, Craig, Kate and Tara
Im adding Atouria, cause I thought she had already been tagged!

2 Comments:

Blogger Fiber said...

I'm totally with you on the Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. I read it on a flight to Indiana, and I can still remember tears in my eyes. For the first time, I wasn't bounding out of my seat when we pulled into the gate as I was still so involved with the story.

15/6/05 10:06 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

it's definately one of those books that I won't mind reading again.

15/6/05 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home