7.11.2005

oh how I fail....

So I thought I could be cool and figure out that Eternity Shawl pattern. Well you be the judge:



From bottom to top:
k yo k1yo k
purl
k yo k1 yo k
purl

2 rows of stockinnette to break up the patterns

k k2tog yo sl1 yo k2tog k
purl
knit
purl
k k2tog yo sl1 yo k2tog k
purl
knit
purl

a break
and then I tried a weird dropping thing, where I dropped a stitch 3 rows picked it up and kept knitting till I got to the next one I wanted to drop. This didn't work at all! That's the mess you see right under the needles. So far I think slipping the one stitch works best, but maybe instead of waiting four rows, it should be every other row. What do you guys think? I also need to use bigger needles (I was using 11's) and I'm not sure about this yarn (it's leftover from the scarf).

5 Comments:

Blogger illanna said...

There's a free knitpicks pattern for an eternity scarf: http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=50381220&yarnid=5420111

12/7/05 4:08 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

Thanks Illanna!

I love how they call it the "endless loop", they must have been like umm what sounds like/ means eternity.

12/7/05 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am begining to fear the eternity scarf was made by dropping down stitches (maybe a pairs stitches next to each other) at the very end, and picking up groups of them. This could make for super boring knitting..

The yo k1 yo technique looks very clean and approximates the pattern.. it could work!

13/7/05 10:24 AM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

I want a mobius scarf!

13/7/05 10:44 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

yeah I feared it would come to that Diana. I think we should stick with yok1yo!

13/7/05 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home