8.04.2005

Fini


Yarn: Araucania Nature Wool, 2 skeins

Pattern: Camisole Tube

Needles: US 5 and 9 Addis

Date Started: 8.01.05

Date Finished:8.04.05

I really thought I was going to finish this yesterday, but I didn't realize I had entered the blackhole of ribbing. Round after round I measured with no progress in site. It doesn't help that I have ADD when it comes to ribbing for a long stretch of time (sometimes even an inch is a long time). Oh, let me apologize right now for the crappy picture, I haven't made the straps yet and we had some weird code red ozone advisory thing mixed with a sudden storm in the afternoon. I wanted to take a pic outside, but it was so nasty! I'm sure you can understand. I'll try to get a pic of me wearing it tomorrow, straps and all.

What can I say about this pattern? It keeps you interested the whole time and it's in that perfect place, where it isn't too fast or too slow (though, I'm sure a lot of you could have knitted it faster than yours truly!). Looking back on it though, I wish I had lenghtened the body a bit before I went into the bottom ribbing. I don't think I have the body for a tube yet. There's my short torso combined with the boobs and the not so flat stomach, a few inches added to the stockinette section would have really helped me. I'll make sure to do that on the next one I make. I just have to decide what yarn to use next. I do love my Nature Wool, I believe that's been well documented, but I want something cooler for this heat. Blue Sky Cotton is calling my name, though I'm not sure if I want to go the cotton route.

If any of you decide to get this pattern when it's available, feel free to ask my any questions. Hell, if you have questions now I'll make sure to add the answers to this post. Just leave some comments and I'll get to them.

ps: I don't know why blogger is being so buggy tonight

edit 8.7.05: Sorry for the delay, but there was a new version of the pattern after I finished my tube. Still deciding if I should rip or start a new one. The all fixed up pattern is available for sale today. Hope you all like it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable! I can't wait to see how this looks on. And damn, you knit that fast.

5/8/05 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very awesome! I also can't wait to see what it looks like on!

This is so weird but various points throughout the week I've been emailing you back & just in general and they keep getting sent back to me, am I somehow blocked from you? Do you hate me now?! haha. You can tell that I'm not doing situps & I ate a large french fry for dinner huh?? haha. no no, I'm teasing, but just was curious what was going on :D xox keep up that awesome stash busting!

6/8/05 2:14 AM  
Blogger heatherfeather said...

the cami is lovely - just from how it looks on steph, though, i can't imagine it would look good on me at all, so i'll have to admire it from afar!

hot lava is done - easy pattern, magic loop is easy (though i'd mess around with it for a bit because CO and the first few rounds can be enough to make you rip your hair out!

i was living in rockland (on florence st.) for the summer of 2001, then moved to so. thomaston in august! what were you doing there? i just moved there because i could and i was out of college and single. then i left pretty quickly, too because it's a hard place to live when you're single and don't know anyone...

8/8/05 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this. What is there about it that makes you want to rip?

8/8/05 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home