7.23.2005

Have you seen my IK?

Because I sure haven't. Yeah, that's right. Everyone else in blog land got their fall issue of Interweave Knits while I'm still here waiting for it. Why don't I have mine? Is it because my lys doesn't carry it? nope Is it because I'm too lazy to go to the bookstore and buy it? Wrong again! No, it's because I was foolish enough to subscribe to the damn thing. Maybe I misunderstood what subscriptions were all about. I thought they were a more convenient way to receive a magazine you really like, usually before newstand customers could get their hands on it. According to Merriam-Webster it means: "an arrangement for providing, receiving, or making use of something of a continuing or periodic nature on a prepayment plan: as a : a purchase by prepayment for a certain number of issues (as of a periodical) ...". According to Interweave, it means never sending you a magazine, but yet having the balls to sending you a subscription renewal form.

If you thought about subscribing, don't! My bookstore had the magazine before the IK posted newstand day. Apparently I am going to get screwed yet again in the winter. According to their site, the winter issue is due out on December 13, check when mine is due to be mailed out:




In case you can't read it, mine is shipped 12/15/05. I'm sure it will be much later than that, since my fall issue was supposed to be mailed out in June before it was mysteriously changed to July.

6 Comments:

Blogger SylvChezPlum said...

I so totally agree wih you, why subcribe if it's to receive it LATER ? I also tried out their subcription, but received the mag like 2 or months later than everybody else (and even counting shipping to Europe doesn't make up for it), so I said forget it and canceled it. Hope you'll get it soon.

24/7/05 2:01 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I cancelled my subscription too. It just took too long. Now I flip through it at the book store and if anything interests me I buy it. So much less frustrating

24/7/05 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took a month to get my trial issue, and they acted like I shouldn't ask about it because it's free. I cancelled the possible sub as well, and they still sent bills for it. I figure it would be cheaper in the end to go to the store and just buy the ones that actually have content I want in them and use a store coupon, anyway. Geez. I totally agree with you.

24/7/05 10:33 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

The exact same thing happened to me. They sent me a bill before my trial issue, then another after I payed, and now a renewal form before I even got my first real issue. Can I cancel in the middle of the subscription?

24/7/05 10:36 PM  
Blogger illanna said...

I heard on one of the blogs that IK sent them an apology letter. Maybe they'll send you one too. Can you contact them? Want me to call them and scream? I'm really good at that sort of thing. Did you get my message? I LOVE the yarn :) :)

25/7/05 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh. I hate that, the same thing happened when I subscribed in FEBURARY for Martha Stewart and oh yes. I JUST got my first issue. I hate hate HATE that.


i love your blogs new layout. you are gorgeous! I have a question about your skinny scarf, where did you get the klee yarn? did they sell online or did you have to call? how are you liking it? i love the idea because im a dork and love anything remotely art history like and paul klee is brilliant!!

25/7/05 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home