7.26.2005

It cuts like a knife

More like a super sharp one.

Sorry I've been quiet for a few days, especially since my last two posts were just me complaining about stuff. And this one will be no different!! Just kidding. I've been working away on a test knit (though I ran out of yarn!), so there hasn't been that much progess on those projects just hanging out there on the right. I was slowed down a bit by that aforementioned knife. The idiotic part is that I wasn't even cooking. Nope, I went to grab something when I bumped the knife, the knife went flying, and for some reason I tried to catch. I think it ended up catching me right between my middle and ring fingers on my left hand. My first thought was "thank god that wasn't my right hand!" (I'm a thrower) then I was like "@#$!, it hurts!" I'm ok, just typing slower with my left hand (I can't stretch my fingers if that makes sense).

Not much else has been going on, still no IK in sight. So that this isn't a totally boring post, who likes those, I'll show you the yarn I dyed for my SP. Remember a few posts back I was winding it? Well here it is (I already know she got it):





Sorry I had to put two pics, but the flash doesn't let the different colors show. It has reds, pinks, and a little bit of purple thrown in .


To everyone that has emailed me, I'll be emailing everyone back tonight. Sorry it has taken me so long.

Also, I'll probably post again tonight with a question or two

3 Comments:

Blogger knitlit kate said...

this is gorge. and oh how i love the pink. is this mohair? what are you gonna do with it? it would knit up into some lovely lace, that's fer sure.

so sorry about your close encounter with the KNIFE. that sucks! can you still knit?

p.s. any luck with the eternity pattern?

27/7/05 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pink! Woo hoo! What a beautiful berry color! PS I bought yarn. Eek.

27/7/05 11:28 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

Thanks girls! It's lace bamboo I sent to my secret pal. I'll have to dye some more in this colorway for myself soon.

My hand is feeling better, lesson learned. Don't try to catch a Wusthof in midair (or anywhere really)!

Knitting progess is veeeeeerrryyyy slooooowwwwww......

27/7/05 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home