8.08.2005

Tulle Bag


Pattern: Tulle bag (my own)
Yarn: Tulle from School Products
Needles: US 13 Clovers
Date Started: 6.20.05
Date Finished: 8.08.05

The sewing machine made a guest appearance today to help me finally take this bag off my UFO list. All I needed to do was sew up the sides and drop the lining in, why did it take so long? umm, I tend to be lazy and procrastinate, but I also wasn't sure how the machine was going to like the tulle. It was slow going to say the least, the foot kept wanting to get stuck in all the loops from the garter stitch. yikes! But I managed and it's finally done!


A pretty easy peasy project, just knit up a big rectangle and then whip out a machine and sew it up. I don't have the book this was inspired from, so I have no clue how she (erica knight) suggests to finish this. I didn't want to sew it too tight because the tulle stretches to say the least. I think I set it to 15 stitches at a middle tension. I cut the lining a little smaller so that it wouldn't exactly hit the bottom of the bag (that whole stretching thing) and only topstitched it to the tulle. I was done so fast that I decided to knit up a little tulle flower and glued some pink sequins to it. I still need to find pin for the flower so that it doesn't droop, right now it's just tied to the wired ribbon. I'm pretty happy with it and I can't wait to use it as a knitting bag.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. I've had a vision in my mind of a tulle clutch I'd like to knit, but never got to the point of buying tulle and cutting into something "knittable".

8/8/05 8:13 PM  
Blogger illanna said...

That's beautiful!!!! I love the pink and black together. Excellent job.

PS I haven't bought any yarn in like a MONTH. My goal is to have under 20 skeins of yarn by January 1st. Right now I have 85.

8/8/05 8:20 PM  
Blogger SylvChezPlum said...

veeeery pretty, and cool colors indeed. Is it really tulle cut out in strips ? Why don't you enter it in the Crafster challenge ? (It sucks that you can't edit a comment, and then if you want to delete it, it always shows..!!)

9/8/05 2:33 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

I deleted it for ya! ; )
well the deleted thing.

I'm not good enough for the craftster challenge : ( Thanks though!!

9/8/05 8:12 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

That's so cute!!!!

9/8/05 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable!

9/8/05 2:24 PM  
Blogger Melicrious said...

this is an awsome FO!! I definitly want one for myself!

9/8/05 8:14 PM  
Blogger winnie said...

Gorgeous. Looks like something ppl charge hundreds of dollars for.
Oh the pompoms on my site, Manos Yarn with leftover white wool yarn.

9/8/05 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh how WONDERFUL!!!! At first I was like omg photos photos & felt the need to look & not read and I saw sequins & yarn and almost fell over with glee, I love the idea of sequined yarn because I'm tacky like that, but the idea of glueing them seems just fine, that is a GREAT bag! Great great great! It looks all tweedy and thats perfect! awesome job. I need to start to kill my stash & make little things like this, your on a mission to kill stash to right?

10/8/05 3:09 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

aww, thanks everyone!

10/8/05 4:34 PM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

this is beautiful yahaira...and knitting, schmitting...this baby should be going out on the town! i've never heard of this yarn before, but i'd buy it on the name alone. the idea of knitting with tulle is so freakin cool.

15/8/05 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home