6.17.2005

no title

Yeah, I'm still in the middle of the after dinner comma so I can't promise this post will be any good. I guess it will mostly be updates. I'm going away for the weekend so there won't be any posts till Sunday night. Where am I going you ask? To the beach to hang out with a friend so we can eat, drink, and be merry. I'm not sure what knitting will be going, I haven't decided what to bring down. Do I take something I'm already working on or do I start something new? oh, the decisions we must make in life.

I've finally gotten some work on the good bias shrug, I'm almost done with the first half (sleeve/back combo) and then I get to restart it all over again for the second half. woohoo! umm yeah, so I also tried to pick a needle for the mystery stole and can I say I feel like an idiot trying to knit with yarn this thin?! It feels like I'm trying to knit with air, my hands just can't get used to it. I tried knitting up a swatch with 3's which turned out to be a pathetic attempt. I'll try again with 5's, but I see myself knitting with 8's or something, since my knitting was so tight on the 3's.

Other than that, not much is going on. I tried to buy size 17's circs today but neither Michael's or AC Moore had them. I didn't feel like driving to my lys today, so maybe I'll buy some Addi's tomorrow at the yarn store at the beach. I'm always up for checking out a new store, though I'm not sure what the bf will think about that. Too bad for him, I say!

So what should I take with me?

Oh! Before I forget, I wanted to either do a trade or maybe I'll make it into a contest. I have two flickr pro accounts to give away and I may end up with some yarn as well. Some GGH Aspen, possibly some mission falls cotton, and eventually some rowan 4ply. The yarn is a maybe, but the flickr accounts are a definate. Let me know if you are interested.

3 Comments:

Blogger illanna said...

The lace will look a MILLION times better after you block it, don't forget. Are you doubling up the yarn? I can't wait to see your bamboo version of the stole :) Mine's coming along... :)

18/6/05 12:15 AM  
Blogger Atouria said...

What's up with size 17's? I'm trying to find some circs in that size in a 16" or 24" lenght. Ha! No one carries it, not even my only LYS.

I would take something smallish to the beach ~ a sock maybe? That would be something fun and quick to start.

Have a great time!

18/6/05 8:11 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

yours looks amazing Illanna! I haven't decided yet if I should double up or not (any suggestions?)
I was knitting so tight with 3's that I got discouraged on it.

I still didn't get the 17's! I'll go to my lys on Tuesday and hope to find them there, if not I'll go to Loop on Wednesday. Do you want me to find you some?

19/6/05 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home