6.20.2005

The tell-tale tank

"TRUE! --nervous --very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? The disease had sharpened my senses --not destroyed --not dulled them. Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad? Hearken! and observe how healthily --how calmly I can tell you the whole story.

It is impossible to say how first the yarn entered my stash; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night. Finished object there was none. Passion there was none. I loved the patterns."

Ok I'm being overdramatic as usual, but I do hear the tank! It's in the basket and I can hear it calling me, tempting me. I've ignored it since the betrayal (otherwise known as my knitting mistake), not knowing when I will go back. Soon I say, but instead I start new things that will take up my time, otherwise reserved for the tank. I stuffed all the pieces in the bottom of the basket, underneath needles and yarn to muffle the sound. But I know it's there, I'm the only one that hears it's thumping, and I must get back to it.

What have I been doing instead? Oh, dear reader, let me share with you my denial:


bias shrug

This is the first half of the "good bias" shrug waiting patiently for its mate on a stitch holder. It's been fun knitting this up (so fun I took it to the shore with me), but I have also noticed how impatient I am with lace.



tulle bag

I started the tulle purse (instead of finishing the shrug you see) that's inspired by the one from Simple Knits With a Twist. I've found that I really enjoy knitting with unusual yarns (not novelty!). I'm already thinking up other projects with this yarn if I have enough leftover. Here's a closeup of the yarn:


tulle

Yep, that's tulle. It's not some yarn called "tulle" but made up of something else. It's black tulle with some sort of white rayon in the middle.


24 scarf


Last but not least, this is the never ending scarf that has become the bf's nightmare. Why you ask? Because I just won't finish it! I keep restarting it (and I think I will again) and asking for his opinion, which is basically to finish it. I'll finish it soon enough, when I damn well please.

5 Comments:

Blogger Atouria said...

Great post! I love it, Mrs. Poe. I thought you were quoting a book initially.

Your bias shrug is looking great! It's good that you're knitting a shrug since you're impatient with lace. I have jaeger book 35 with tons of lace in it. One day I'll get the courage to partake in some size 2 lace tops. Bleh!

/hugs!

20/6/05 10:18 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

well it's mostly a quote, dont ask me how I remember that it must have really affected me in high school :)

yuck size 2's
it's not that Im so impatient with it that I just want to finish, but rather since I know how many rows there are in the pattern I just want to fly through to get to the next repeat (umm ok Im impatient)

20/6/05 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh I adore that nubbly yarn that your using in your never ending scarf..what is it?!?!

21/6/05 12:31 AM  
Blogger illanna said...

Looks like Point 5... it's gorgeous! finish it! I may not be your boyfriend but I can tell you to finish it, right? Everything looks great. Is your bamboo laceweight yarn black? I thought it was purple. Am I going crazy, or is my moniter going crazy? Oh wait a minute- that's the tulle.

21/6/05 1:27 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

Thanks Amanda. yep, that big old honking skein is point 5 in mist. It's been fun knitting with it.

Illanna, yes you are crazy and yes that is the tulle :P

21/6/05 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home