7.13.2005

My mini



I got inpatient that I stopped two rounds before I was supposed to check the sizing. The sleeves don't meet yet . I need to add a few more rounds before I separate the bodies and sleeves. I wonder if keeping all the increases (the puffiness) had something to do with this. Apparently, I'm the only one that's kept the puffy sleeves (reminds me of Seinfeld!). The next part is increasing so that both sides meet and figuring out what the mods are for us busty gals is.

But as you can see, I need to get some more bamboo. And by get I mean dye some more. The mini will have to wait then, sigh. I have no clue how I messed up the amounts, I thought I had weighed it correctly, but I still have thousand or more yards so oh well!

In the meantime, I dyed some yarn for my SP which I really hope she likes. I also got help from Melissa on the Eternity Shawl, so I'll be trying out a new swatch tonight. I also have a couple of scarves and the mesh tank I want to get to which will keep me busy.



5 Comments:

Blogger Melicrious said...

Looks great! I did the exact same thing with mine!! I kept taking it off the needles cause i as so impatient to ge to the armpits. it was always that much too short! gah!!

I also kept the puffy sleeves for my first boob holder. It looked fine but I never wore it - puffy isn't my style. I ended up giving it to a friend who it fit better on and said she would wear it (who by the way, took it and has not called me since or even said thankyou?!?)

I love your choice of colour too - so lush!!

13/7/05 9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohh, nice color. I kept the puffy sleves aswell, I love them. I'm halfway through the spiky border now, dreading weaving inn all those ends! But for my next one, longer straighter sleeves and no border!

14/7/05 4:15 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I love the color on you! I did semi-puffy sleeves for mine, and I like it that way. :)

14/7/05 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your minisweater is moving right along! I'll be interested to see it with the puffy sleeves.

Oh, I just figured out that section "mods for busty gals"! I didn't realize that it was a link (must have an older printout), and kept wondering why the section titled "For the busty gals" looked like a continuation of the pattern..

14/7/05 10:41 AM  
Blogger illanna said...

I really love the slight color variations on the sweater. You are the bamboo dye diva! Did you see the tunic that Keridiana dedicated to YU? I can't wait for the pattern! I am going to make A LOT of them. I am STILL waiting for my packages from NY- I put all the patterns you gave me into the box with my yarn, and now I can't start a gazillion projects. Hmmm.. maybe that's a good thing...

15/7/05 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home