8.16.2005

Still on the fritz

I woke up hoping that I would feel better today, but it's the exact opposite. My throat feels tighter, I feel like that annoying kid from the medicine commercial..."it hurts when I swallow". The Chicken Pho I made last night was a big hit and we both felt better after eating it. For five minutes at least. We have a lot of left overs so tonight shall be another Pho night.

I haven't done any knitting today since I still had a few errands to run this morning. I snuck in a trip to the lys to get a rowan mag, but of course as soon as I decide I want to knit something from #37 the run out. I'll have to wait till the weekend to go to check another store. I was feeling all good leaving
Woolplay without yarn and driving around thinking how I like driving a certain road when I almost met my maker! Some guy was driving on the wrong side of the road and wasn't slowing down. Mind you this is a one-lane each way road, so I have no idea what he was thinking. Thankfully he switched over to his lane quick enough, though I think it could have been a little faster. So not only was I feeling sick, but now I was scared shitless by the time I got to the store and parked. My friend felt so bad for me that I got to rummage through her stash! You have to love friends and pity. I got a couple more skeins of some yarn I already had so I can get started on a project and she gave me a skein of Rowan Polar, she knew I wanted to knit a hat with it (for some reason no one around here has really discounted it even though Rowan discountinued it).

Thanks for everyone who emailed me and commented, I should be feeling better soon I hope. I feel like I owe you some knitting content though, so here ya go:

Sylvie gave me persmission to post a pic of her purse pattern that I knit up last week. Do you like the plums in the pic? Get it?! Get it!? yeah, I'm lame.

Yarn: Cashmerino Aran less than 1 skein in grey and some leftover Nature Wool

Needles: US 8

Date Started: 8.11.05

Date Finished: 8.12.05

Pattern: The Isabeau Purse by Sylvie aka Chez Plum

This was a great pattern that I got to edit and try out before it went live. I used it as a mini stashbuster because I didn't have enough cashmerino for the whole purse, so I went through my leftover box and used some of the red Nature Wool from the Mini-Sweater. I have to say that I love the combination and that this purse now matches my shrug. Sylvie should be making this pattern available soon so I'll post some of the mods I made (yep, I modded it even while editing it, I'm like that!). The most obvious is the use of two different yarns, but I also used my sewing machine to sew the sides to the main body. (sneaky! sneaky!) I used mattress stitch to join the two sides of the handle together instead of a crochet hook (I just say no to hooks) oh and backstitch to join the one part of the handle to the body of the purse. This will all make sense once the pattern is live.

Ok, Im going to go knit and do laundry (how did I get stuck doing that?!).

5 Comments:

Blogger PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

GIRL!! I had a super scary, near death auto experience 2 days ago. I was still shaking so badly when I got home 2 hours later, I could barely relay the story to my BF. Some DUDE didn't see the dominoe's pizza truck double parked til the very last minute & decided he was coming into my lane, the taxi behind me was already speeding on my butt, I was trapped. People drive like MORONS!!!!

Sorry to hear that you are feeling sickly... "like you got a porcupine in your froat". feel better soon. btw.. the purse is divine, love those colors!

16/8/05 5:36 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Still sending you healthy vibes!

16/8/05 6:44 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

thanks tabby!I need your vibes : )

tammy, maybe it was the same idiot! I cant believe people sometimes. Yep, I was basically trapped as well. Im glad to hear you are alright though, and that nothing happened. Thanks for the compliments.

17/8/05 5:08 AM  
Blogger SylvChezPlum said...

I really like that pic.. ;-) All it's all but lame. So nice...
And btw I made it : the pattern is online! Woohoo ! Thanks again for all the help..

17/8/05 8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That purse is adorable. I hope you feel better soon!

17/8/05 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home