10.11.2005

Ewe Dandruff

Can I tell you how happy I am to be finally done with this project? This yarn from the little dried skinned sheep just has to go. I ended up with two leftover skeins that will either be burned or be given away. The cardi is blocking as we speak; I originally thought I was going to steam block this one, but after all the, arhem, dander and burrs in the yarn I decided to dunk the biatch. I even used scalp revitalizing shampoo to wash it, something the sheep could have used. The water was pretty nasty after rinsing the sweater, I wish I had taken a picture!

While this sucker takes forever and a day to dry (we haven't had sun here since Thursday), I dove in to some old and new projects. The atomic river socks are knitting up nicely, though it was weird to get back into knitting these after so much st st on US 6's. They don't look much longer than before, but trust me I'm working on the leg. Lolly's Socktoberfest has me all sock-happy, which has got me thinking about what other socks to knit. I figure I won't be greedy and knit up two pairs for myself at the same time (that would be unseemly), so why not knit a gift pair? Remember the Foliage I bought at Stitches East? I bought three skeins to knit some bulky socks for the dentist, any ideas on patterns? I'm not sure if I should let the yarn do all the work or make a fun pattern out of it. Are there any "manly"patterns that you know of?

You would think two socks would make me happy, but nope I wanted to get started on the Bulky Mini (aka BMC) right away. I was working out my new numbers, but I think I already messed up on the third row and ended up with more stitches on one of the sections that I should have. I'm guessing it's all the yo's and kfb action going on in the pattern. Any tips on how to apply your stitch ratio to that? Apparently the lack of sun has made me very inquisitive today.

5 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

i'm going to have serious leftover yarn on the nss cardi too. and when i make one for my mom -- in, like, 2012, since i'm such a selfish knitter -- i'm going to have to use another yarn because i just don't like it. i don't hate it as much as you do, but it ain't worth the money. too flimsy!

11/10/05 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your color combo! So cute! And I can't wait to see your finished socks too!

11/10/05 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

again, eeeewwww on the sheep dandruff

11/10/05 11:08 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

That is so disusting! Now that it's clean, it looks like it's going to turn out really well.

12/10/05 8:30 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That yarn sounds absolutely gross. EWWWWWW!!! Glad it's clean.

12/10/05 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home