10.04.2005

To hell with them!

After a lonely weekend, that ended up with me being pissed off at "an inspirational yarn store" and the bf thinking I heard the woman wrong, which I didn't!, it was nice to receive a surprise in the mail yesterday from one of my lovely friends. I so gently hinted that I may not have enough of her dyed yarn to finish my "river socks" and what does she do? She mails me some matching yarn and some needles she made, this is a friend indeed! I promise there was no fake crying involved.


For Illanna, I'm renaming said socks to "atomic river socks" because they are going to be insane. The solid yarn is going to be the cuff, while the rest of the sock will be in the stripey yarn. Look at how sad that little foot looks with no legs or even addis to keep it warm. I had to steal the needles for the never ending cardi, but they will be back in action soon enough. Can I tell you how much I love this yarn? Not only was it dyed for me, but it's also oh so soft Optimum DK. Nice, soft wool with no plant matter in sight, what more could a girl ask for? How about some special needles?

Illanna sent these so I could try them out, aren't they adorable? And they even match my scrap yarn somehow. Wait, is she trying to tell me something by sending me snakes? Maybe she's mad that I tricked a bunch of you into thinking that Tom and I broke up....umm sorry, didn't mean to, I swear! But a lys breakup is almost as bad right?

7 Comments:

Blogger PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

Those needles are seriously the cutest things EVER! What an awesome friend indeed!
And why do the bf's always suggest that you misheard something or someone?! Are they just really nice guys, who have a more positive outlook on this crazy world of ours?

5/10/05 12:18 AM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

Those atomic river socks are going to be something once knitted up. The colors are wonderful! And those needles! Oh so cute! Lucky you! :)

5/10/05 4:37 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

My boyfriend does that sort of thing all of the time.

What a sweet friend to send you all thosse nice pressies.

5/10/05 7:44 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Lovely yarn and fun needles! What a great friend! I have to admit, I thought you had broken up with your BF too. I was a little worried until I realized it was your LYS.

5/10/05 9:43 AM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

Those needles are so cute! And the yarn looks yummy. I just stumbled across your blog...great read...I'll be be back!

6/10/05 2:34 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Your socks look great! I'm almost ready to start on the Hot Lava Cardigan-are you? I'll probably start a blog for the knit-along this weekend if you promise to join me!

7/10/05 9:48 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

ooh, those needles are so fun! i didn't realize they were snakes until i saw the eyes. and the yarm is very yummy. lucky you!

8/10/05 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home