9.22.2005

On the fall lineup...

I have my ticket printed, my bag ready, and I think I know what train I have to take. Now I just need my shopping list and I'm ready for Stitches East! Aahhh, Atlantic City, the Vegas of the East where nothing really happens so you don't have to worry too much when you get home. Except when you are going to buy yarn that is. I've heard Stitches can be a seedy place, yarn dealers tempting you in every corner and yarn ho's running amock. I'm going to be strong, I'm going to be prepared, I will!

I have a plan and I hope to stick with it. You see that little collage up there? You are looking at most of my fall projects (oh you know there are more!). I only want to buy yarn for projects, no more random skeins I tell you. Let's see what this brilliant plan is, shall we? The now infamous U.O. Shrug, I thought I had yarn in my stash for this, but apparently everyone is using over 600 yds of worsted yarn oops. The ever-popular Hot Lava, I finally know of the magic loop's powers so I'm looking for some creamy white or pink worsted wool for this little number. Next up is Stef's new Bulky-Mini-Cardy. I love knitting from the top down and I can't pass up a quick knit. The yarn I was going to use for the UO Shrug is destined as the contrasting color, but I need 300 yds for the main body. I see it in pink of course. In the middle is the Eternity Shawl, I feel as if I've been talking about this for an eternity. Let's finally knit this shall we? I'm thinking some Habu mohair (why should Rowan get all my business) in a teal or turquoise. The last little number is a pattern from Phildar that Sylvie translated for me. I'm not sure how this will look on me, but I think it's sooo cute. I don't remember how much yarn I need for this, but it was somwhere in the 1k yds range. I'll be at the School Products or Webs booth looking at cones for this one. The original yarn used is acrylic. but please I'm going for some wool.

Sounds like I have a handle on this right? I see a loophole though that may become my failure. Gift knitting! Pretty yarn always has the possibility of becoming something grand until it perishes in your stash with no direction at all. I think I have enough in the stash for a few gifts I want to knit up, but there are the socks I want to knit for Tom's dad, a mini cardy for my mom, possibly an eternity shawl for a cousin, and something as yet undetermined for my brother. oh yeah, and I want to check out some nature's palette sock yarn.

I'll be meeting Jody there, so hopefully we can be good influences on each other (hah!). So let's play another game. Guess how much I spend tomorrow, the person that's closest wins a prize from my stash. This should be interesting. Diana won the last contest, so watch her site for what her prize was.

ps. the above project list does not include future winter knitting, including a couple of Rowan sweaters and future Glampyre patterns.

pps. I have another stash sale, this time a grab bag! My sponsor suggested I needed to do this. Yes, I have a sponsor and no, she didn't even know she was my sponsor.

9 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I can't wait to hear your tales of Stitches' seedy splendor. I'm guessing you'll spend $175.

22/9/05 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can you get the pattern for the eternity shawl???

22/9/05 8:46 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm with you in the no more random skein buying! It's a killer.

22/9/05 9:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy your trip to the stitches east. yeah, where did you get the pattern for eternity shawl?

22/9/05 10:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

22/9/05 10:27 PM  
Blogger winnie said...

i'm guessing 239 bucks. and you definitely have to make that eternity shawl. this is the first time i've seen it!

22/9/05 10:54 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

i say one dollar, bob! No, I'll actually guess $168.

I've never seen the pattern that Sylvie translated for you. Where is that from? And congrats on the magic loop. maybe i'll start knitting socks ...

23/9/05 1:30 AM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Lovely projects you've got there!!
I've never seen that eternity shawl before, but it looks so pretty! Where did you get the pattern?
Um..I guessing 257 bucks...

23/9/05 3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I wish they had one here in Los Angeles...Closest one is in San Fransisco, and that 10 hours away
:-(

25/9/05 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home