10.01.2005

short no more

ok kitty-kats! I'm back, did you miss me? This week has been extremely busy with work stuff, comp stuff, and basically life. The boy is gone for the weekend, so I've been able to hang out in my pj's most of the day, knit that whole time, and have no one complain about it. For you I showered (well that combined with the gym made me do it) before I took these pics.

I was hoping to take these pics when the sun was still up, but alas I jump around a lot when I knit. I constantly check my email, check what everyone else is knitting, listen to music, snack, and then knit in between all that. I also took a break before I was done with the body to pick up some longer needles for the sleeves (magic loop baby). You know the annoying part? I was going by the kitchen clock, well, some genius (who is out of town and shall remain nameless) didn't tell me that the clock was set 30-45 minutes behind! The whole day I was in a time fog and I almost didn't make it to the yarn shop. I kinda wish I hadn't made it since I was treated a little rudely, but that's a story for another post.

Let's talk about some knitting ok? I have managed to get something done, see!

Notice that my cardigan looks completely different than Wendy's (and I'm sure you noticed that I'm wearing pajama pants). Mine shall be called the not-so-short cardigan; I added about three inches to the body and actually got rid of some of the ease. I have to be completely honest though, the shrunken ease was sort of done by accident. I had never read "raglan portion of sleeve" in a pattern before and I took that to mean the width of the sleeve. I'm glad I went by the circumference of my arms though, because now it has the slimmer fit that I like to wear. I tried it on at the suggested length but it looked kinda weird ie kinda fugly. Short torso combined with really short sweater is not a pretty sight.

It's hard to tell in the top image, but I made my hem in another color (pink of course!) to add a little variety. The pink yarn doesn't have as many of the scratchy things, but instead it takes me back to the lotiony problem. The body took just a little over three skeins of the main color and each skein has been really different. I'm guessing there's something wrong with the lot I bought, which makes me less confident in the quality control. I'm sure a good soaking when I block this baby will help.

I figure I'll start on the sleeves tonight so, hopefully, I can start on the bands tomorrow. I'm trying to hurry Carrie!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, yeah, I think that your length is much more practical.

2/10/05 9:12 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I like the extra length. I also like the pink hem! Nice accent.

2/10/05 10:56 AM  
Blogger illanna said...

That is so beautiful, and I love the pink trim. Can't wait to see how it looks finished!

2/10/05 6:47 PM  
Blogger Atouria said...

Perfect Pink! I love the colors and the length you added. Great job with sticking to finishing! (I wish I could say the same for myself!)

3/10/05 12:17 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

It looks really great! The longer length will make it more classic and wearable. I totally want to hear your bad knit store story.

P.S. I clicked on that link for Carrie, but I think there's a typo, because it took me too a DNA paternity testing site! Wackiness.

3/10/05 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, will you hate me if I say I don't really like this? And let me first say that it may just need the finishing and a good wash and then it will be fine, but right now, I don't think it hangs well. And I don't think it is you or your knitting.

3/10/05 4:23 PM  
Blogger Alice Few said...

Hey there!

You commented on "Streets and YO" that she would like the hot lava cardigan. If you have made it I would love to hear your thoughts and to see pictures if you have them.

I would like to make one but like Streets and YO would rather make it in worsted weight.

Cheers!
Alice
few_2001@yahoo.com

3/10/05 5:20 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

oh, don't worry. you are totally beating me! i'm getting nowhere fast on this project. and how weird that the link to my site was taking people to paternity tests! eek ....

3/10/05 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home