10.15.2005

So lonely and bored

oh and frustrated, but I'll get that in a minute.

I dropped the boy off at the airport this morning for his flight to China. I'm going to be all alone for two weeks, I've only been alone for an hour and I'm already bored and lonely. I didn't last long did I? The funny thing is, I've been alone for much longer and thought nothing of it. All of grad school was basically alone time, I was just too busy to notice he wasn't there. For the last year I got used to him waking me up before work and knowing the exact time he was coming back. I like knowing he's home, even if I'm ignoring him with my knitting or he's ignoring me with his video games. Who else am I going to watch all our shows with for the next two weeks? Who am I going to bug and make fun of? I have this fear that my sleeping schedule is going to be totally off (he's the one that "decides" when bedtime is) and that I'll forget to cook or eat. Can someone remind me to eat?

I should be going to Japan in two weeks and meeting Tom in Tokyo. Notice I said should? Our tickets got totally messed up by the travel agent, he booked me going to Tokyo while Tom is in China and I would be coming back to the states when Tom would be flying to Tokyo. WTF I was going to try and get it fixed, but it's been such a hassle dealing with the travel agent. We are postponing Tokyo till later in the year or in the spring and instead taking a week to drive somewhere (Tom definately doesn't want to fly after he comes back). The top contenders right now are Boston and Providence, any suggestions on what to do in either city?

ps Tom took the camera with him, so I'll be pictureless for a while. Don't hate me!
pps I started the dentist's sock and have no way in knowing if it's right or not : )

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel your pain. my boyfriend's band goes on tour for weeks at a time and i am just left all by my lonesome in philadelphia...but it only sucks at first. after a few days you realize that you can finally catch up on late night tv reruns and listen to really lame music really loud and sing along with no one there to make fun of you. and you can also eat all of the food he finds gross and/or weird.

oh, and take some time to stretch out on the entire bed. it's pretty cool. :)

15/10/05 10:38 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I'm so sorry about Tokyo! I really recommend Boston, I recently went there for the first time and had SO much fun. Check out Newbury Yarns (on Newbury St, which is just a street full of shops, cafes and cool people.)If you start at..the East end I think, you'll catch it all and end up in Boston Commons, a beautiful park (I imagine it's amazing in the fall). While not as exotic as Tokyo, they do have funny accents and the driving is ridiculous!

15/10/05 10:54 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love Boston, but that's quite the drive. You may want to think about Newport, RI. It's a little closer, and I'm sure it's beautiful this time of year. Boston is definitely more exciting, so it depends what you're looking for. You may want to consider Amtrak - it's a nice change from flying or driving.

Wendy

15/10/05 11:20 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I'm the same way when Daniel goes out of town. He decides when to go to bed, so I stay up until 4am. He's the cook, so I eat pizza and Taco Bell. It's boring but I have a ritual that gets me though. Make cinnamon rolls, and play all my old cds, singing very loudly (and badly) along. And knit! While eating cinnamon rolls.

15/10/05 12:19 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Aww, I'm sorry your trip was postponed and that you are lonely and at home. I'm sure the time will fly by.
xoxo

15/10/05 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, what a pain! If such things were easily rectifiable, your travel agent should pay for the difference since it's their mistake.

15/10/05 3:51 PM  
Blogger kris said...

go eat! now!

17/10/05 6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude that sucks about Tokyo.

Have you eaten?

17/10/05 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home