11.13.2005

2 on 1

In a selfless act today, and in a way to ignore crap-o-tee, I casted on for the lovely Elfine socks. I have been thinking about these for months now and even picked up the yarn at Stitches.


That there is some lovely Nature's Palette in Mallard. And to avoid SSS, I'm 'magically' knitting both socks on one 40" circ addi. It's so nice that I don't need two needles for this!

Angela and I are doing a little knit together for these, anyone else want to join? My progress will be slow since I have gift knitting and the whole two socks at once thing. It's pretty easy to do, just cast on for one (I used a figure 8 co) and knit a couple of rows (I kept going till I increased to 24 sts on each needle). Place the first sock on a holder and then work up the second one to the same point as the first one. Transfer the first sock to the needles, making sure it's facing the same as the other one, and then knit like normal. So far so good! I have the toes done and I hope to work on the foot a little...if the guilt doesn't stop me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Yowzah! Fancy. I'm very impressed! If you feel guilty you can always give them to me.

13/11/05 5:48 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

The color is gorgeous!

13/11/05 6:53 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

have you seen pixie's solid socks knit along?

I am going to try thr MLoop for 2 soon, too - gotta check my needles tho - not sure if I have the length required yet=)

13/11/05 6:53 PM  
Blogger heatherfeather said...

my whole reluctance to knit socks is directly related to my boredom with knitting the same thing twice.

that may very well get me doing my first pair.

lovely, lovely, and brilliant!

13/11/05 9:50 PM  
Blogger Julsey said...

You know how I feel about socks! I must learn that magic loop thingy. soon.

14/11/05 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... our colors are almost identical, except mine is Koigu. I didn't even get to start today.. Tomorrow for sure!

14/11/05 2:35 AM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

Ok, I am going to experiment tonight on this Magic loop method, cause knitting 2 socks at once is just too tempting! I really like the color of the yarn.

14/11/05 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee, SSS, it's like the Nazis, only with more "s"s.

14/11/05 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home