10.19.2005

Bloggers feeding bloggers

Thanks everybody for reminding me to eat, that I'm not exactly boring, and that I'm not the only one that has watched too many horror movies for their own good. I guess all of us go through this once in a while and thankfully I have all of you to entertain me via blogs or emails.

I finally did the dishes after waiting for the non-existent maid to show up. Screw her I say. I've even made dinner a few nights thanks in part to some bloggers. Last night, oh, at around 9:30, my tummy started rumbling and I wasn't sure what to make. I idiotically decided not to go food shopping while the boy is gone to see how long I could go (did I mention said boy doesn't come back till the 28th?). Needless to say things are getting dire over here, but somehow I had some thawed out salmon in the fridge. I also had some miso soup Jennifer, my lovely SP, sent me a few months ago and some seaweed from the sushi making craze the boy went through this summer (don't ask). Combine all three components and you have a tasty dinner in no time, with leftovers even. Tonight was a yummy curry via Leah, not only did she supply the recipe, but she also sent me the tamarind paste I couldn't find in my hood. Now that's love. Maybe I should start a 'bloggers feeding bloggers' program or swap, of course I'm the only one benefiting right now so I'm not sure how that would work out.

This weekend I won't have to worry about making dinner or washing dishes though, since I've been asked to go visit the bf's parents. I think this is some trick though, since out of nowhere I was told I haven't had my teeth checked in a while and oh look how lucky there's a cancellation tomorrow. I have this fear that I'm being duped and this really has to do with my remaining two wisdom teeth that I won't let go of. Did I tell you that the boy's dad has taken my other two out? umm Did I tell you that he took out the first one the first time I went to visit his family and the first time I met his mom? Yep, I now how to impress. The boy and I were headed down from school to meet his friends, but we decided to stay at his parents' house on the way. We get some dinner before I get to meet the mom (the dentist was out of town) and at the end of dinner my mouth starts to hurt. This pain quickly starts to spread to my jaw, then the whole side of my face. In the middle of this agony is when I get introduced to the mom. "Hi! I'm your son's whiny, hypochondriac girlfriend!!" She takes me to her office and looks in my mouth, but doesn't find anything (she's not a dentist). I get pumped up with advil and the next day we are on our way. Of course the pain comes back on the way up to school and the dentist is back in town. After another trip to office I find out that I have to get my tooth ripped out of me stat! No, not an easy extraction, but rather an ugly, messy one where you get to hear the tooth break and struggle and hold on for dear life. The boy almost fainted and I was thoroughly embarrassed.

I'll leave you with that gross story and a promise to try to post while I'm up in Christmas City. Maybe I'll borrow a camera and show you some knitting (gasp!). Oh, to show you that I went to an interesting school and that I obviously took the wrong classes, here's a project explanation you might find interesting. Eunny take a look!

eta: guys, don't worry! I'm not in pain, it's just that I eventually have to take them out since they are impacted. And yep, the dad is a dentist. I wouldn't let a strange man put his hands in my mouth on our second meeting, I'm just not that kind of girl! Maybe the third or fourth meeting, but not the second. Dinner would have to be involved as well.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, i hate hearing teeth pulling stories. At least you get your dental work done cheap!

20/10/05 3:15 AM  
Blogger winnie said...

girl i got the ultimate wisdom teeth pulling story for you. oh man, it's a novel. i better just give a summary. suffice to say that my dental surgeon realized my tolerance for pain (none), and gave me a vial full of vicodin when all other patients in my condition usualy get sent home with 2 tylenols. that and i get funny looks from the dentist's assistants EVERY TIME i visit.

20/10/05 5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that the BF's father is a dentist (or oral surgeon) :-).

20/10/05 7:11 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You are such a fancy pants chef! I made green bean casserole for dinner.

The tooth pulling story freaks me out! I was asleep when my wisdom teeth were yanked. I went to school the next day high on painkillers and with completely swollen cheeks because otherwise my parents were not going to let me go see Rattle and Hum with my friends. Such dorkiness.

20/10/05 9:00 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

I'm so glad the curry worked out for you!! It is supremely yummy (if I do say so myself).

Sorry about your wisdom teeth. I just had mine removed but it sounds like I got lucky. It really wasn't too bad.

20/10/05 9:32 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Tooth pain is such a major bummer. Better out than hurting, I say!

20/10/05 10:05 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

that's maybe the worst "meet the parents" story ever. but i bet it's saving you some money, no? my boyfriend's dad is a history teacher, so the most i get is a lesson on the teapot dome scandal.

the tofu recipe looks great!

20/10/05 11:35 AM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

Ohh Wisdom teeth, I 've had all 4 taken out and it is not fun. But hey at least it's free I had to pay 1600 last time!

20/10/05 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is up with the house cleaner not coming? Mine never shows up either? Just because they are imaginary doesn't mean they should slack off.

I am so jealous that your boyfriend's father is a dentist. It would be so, so awesome to have a dentist in the family. Or a dermatologist. That would kick ass. I would get myself lasered up good.

20/10/05 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! Can you send some down?!

Gracie

20/10/05 10:51 PM  
Blogger SylvChezPlum said...

Hey.. forget what I just said, I haven't read that one !!! ;-) So it's good to hear you're fine, AND won't be on your own this week end.
And Yum, you made me salivate, once again, with your cooking stories.. Will have to go to my fridge now, although I know for sure there's no such goodies in there... ;-)

21/10/05 8:37 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Come back little Sheba - we need some knitting updates from you!

26/10/05 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home