10.17.2005

Two days

It took less than that to change my sleeping schedule and eating habits without the boy. Here's a little list to entertain yourselves with, a few things I have learned about myself just from the weekend:

I can listen to NPR all day and now that the boy isn't here I do.
I'm allergic to chocolate, yet I can't stop eating chocolate cookies.
Nothing makes me as pleased as perfectly even st st. I can stare at it's quiet beauty forever.
I'm easily bored, yet easily entertained.
I can't get over that the boy is in a completely opposite time zone than me.
The old "what happens in the future?" joke doesn't get old (he's 12 hours ahead, get it!).
Whoever was doing the dishes before has been slacking lately, I didn't see them all weekend.
I'm running out of glasses, I surely hope whoever cleans comes over today.
I can change from eating dinner at 6pm, to 9pm, and even 11pm with no problems.
My sleeping schedule has changed from going to bed at 11pm, to 1am, to 2am.
The later I stay up, the more paranoid I become.
I have no shame in leaving out all my WIP's.
It's exhausting to see all of my WIP's.
Other than knitting and going on the internet, I have forgotten how to entertain myself.
Living alone and having two weeks alone are very different.
I have become a very boring person.
I find it bittersweet that the weather is finally beautiful after the boy left.

In actual knitting news, I'm halfway through the BMC body and it looks like I may be running out of yarn (I'm still waiting on some more I ordered). I have to retry it on to see if I should rip back a few stitches, I dont want it to be too loose. I find it weird though to try something like this on, since I'm never quite sure what it's supposed to look like at a certain stage and it doesn't stay on easily. How do I know I'm not holding it in a funny to make it look right? I just don't trust myself. I'm very happy with the fabric I'm getting and the color is beautiful, trust me on this. This will definately be a favorite cozy sweater.

Since pictureless posts can be a tad boring sometimes, I figured I would show you my new notions bag that I stick into my knitting bag.



I ordered them from Nordic Section. My favorite part, besides the cute fabric, is the snap closure that keeps eveything safe inside. The little deer bag I use to hold my stitch markers and some other little loose things.

10 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Ha - I am a dork, because I love that joke. it's fun when you come home from Asia, because you often arrive before you left.

17/10/05 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to your schedule (especially eating and sleeping) changing when you have time alone. My advice to you is to enjoy it because it will be over before you know it :-)

17/10/05 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to your schedule (especially eating and sleeping) changing when you have time alone. My advice to you is to enjoy it because it will be over before you know it :-)

17/10/05 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to your schedule (especially eating and sleeping) changing when you have time alone. My advice to you is to enjoy it because it will be over before you know it :-)

17/10/05 12:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You are absolutely NOT a boring person! Maybe you've got a friend that can come stay for a couple of days. You could have a slumber party!

17/10/05 3:55 PM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

When I get those rare nights alone I too go crazy with the junk food and especially chocolate cookies - oreos to be exact and I end up going to bed WAY too late - I get so much spinning done when I am alone, but it's not nearly as fun as when my boo is home.

17/10/05 5:34 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I feel your pain! When Isaac is gone on tour I revert to all sorts of unusual behavior (like eating potato chips & french onion dip for dinner and watching marathons of full house -Eunny I guess we have a lot in common).

I'm usually pretty good the first couple of days. It's nice to be home alone for a little while but when the days creep into a week & then two! Eeek!

You know you have all of us here for support & entertainment!! :)

17/10/05 6:20 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

i usually eat dinner during conan o'brien, so i say your schedule is now normal! live it up and don't wash the dishes. ooh, i'm posting pix of nss cardigan tonight. get that yarn off my needles!

17/10/05 8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hubby was just in China for two weeks... I too went nuts with the junk food. Three cheers for chips & french onion dip. That must be a popular one! At least you don't have any kids to parent alone - that was the hardest part about him being gone. It was fun to knit unabashedly though!

17/10/05 9:33 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Being home alone has me up til all hours too and like you said "the later I stay up, the more paranoid I become"...so true.

18/10/05 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home