8.17.2005

The Post Man Rings Twice

What did my lovely letter carrier bring today while I'm up here suffering? Here's a clue: it's from Germany and it goes by one name. No, not dieter but rather Rebecca #30. Funny how a German magazine that was just published arrived here faster than an American magazine published last month. Moving on though, I'll post pics from the mag later, but I'll tell you now there are some huge misses. A lot of furry,bulky jackets and sweaters that I wouldn't knit. These are balanced out though by a few hits that I want to cast on for. I'll update this post with a full review,but for now you can go to their site to check it out and to download the web-exclusive patterns from this issue.

ok I'm back. I tried to find pics on the web of the patterns I like and loathe, but apparently no one has them up yet (and the Rebecca ones are very small). So I took it upon myself to take the pics. First one of my faves:


I really like this cap sleeve vest/sweater. It has an orangina vibe to it so I'm sure that's what's drawing me in. I also love the color and the little sleeves. This will most likely be the first thing I knit from this issue. Notice the color? Does it remind you of anything a certain someone knitted up not too long ago?




Ignore the girl on the left, I'm interested on the hard to see, black sweater on the right. For some reason they don't have a good view of this one, but it has peplums and it's knit with cashmere (just trust me on this). I don't get why it's part of a pirate theme, but I'm not German so I don't ask.



Isn't this a cute, delicate sweater? It would most likely look horrible on me, but I like the ribbing and shaping. It's not your boring, square sweater.



I'm still not sure about these two. I think I like their shapes, but the colors and those huge ass necklaces are kinda bothering me (and you can knit a ball-necklace for yourself as well!). So this is the, it's cute but I won't knit picture.

Ok, ready for the misses? I won't post them all so that you can get the pleasure of finding them yourselves, but I picked some gems.


hey look at me!! I'm this wide!!



I'm one with nature in my bulky dress.



No, I'm not pregnant. Why do you ask?


say what?

insert bear or bat joke here

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah for a new issue of Rebecca. I know there are always clunkers, but I do enjoy that mag.

17/8/05 1:14 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I like that cap sleeve vest as well. Some of the furry stuff though...Yowza...

17/8/05 6:39 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ooh - I REALLY like that first photo you posted. The little sleevelets are great.

17/8/05 7:12 PM  
Blogger SylvChezPlum said...

Wow, love the first little orangina-ish vest. Really well modelled too, which may be part of it. As for the misses.. no comment needed I guess !

18/8/05 3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am intrigued by this black cashmere sweater.. will have to get the new Rebecca to see for myself!

18/8/05 10:51 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey Yahaira -

I've got to agree with you on both the hits and misses of the new Rebecca. there's a lot of weird stuff in there - but I like the purple cap sleeve top and the pretty delicate ribbed top as well. Your blog is looking great! You've got some wonderful FOs - I love the tulle purse you designed.

cheers,
Elizabeth

18/8/05 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home