8.19.2005

Tank and stash progress


Being sick makes you do crazy things like, oh I don't know, finish knitting the bias tank. I really had to fight the urge to start something new, this was especially hard when weaving all the yarn ends. Now all that is left to do is attach all hundred pieces together and voila a tank top is born. Easy right?! Well, maybe it's my delirious state, but I can't find the ladder to seam the two sides with a mattress stitch. It's there somewhere, but being that it's the increase side and knit on a bias the freaking thing is hiding. So I'm thinking of just whipping out the old sewing machine and doing the two side seams quickly and painlessly (who am I kidding here?). What's stopping me? The fear that my knitting will break or that the splitty microspun will get stuck in the needle. Are there any objections out there to this insane idea? If anything happens, it will frustrate me more than sadden me.


In other news, I joined the River Stole KAL a couple of days ago after buying Rowan 38 (which I'm really enjoying by the way). Oh, did I forget to mention that I bought two skeins of Kidsilk Haze in Candy Girl? oops! So, um, yeah I'm just here waiting for the yarn. The start date is September first, so I have time to finish this and maybe another project on my list and hell why not start some more. Everyone knows how well I can handle multiple projects at the same time, right? (uncomfortable silence....)

I'm slowly adding stash pics on my stash site (you didn't think that was my whole stash did you?) and I'm noticing there are some things I probably won't be using. I'll post here and on the stash site (how sad is it that my stash has it's own blog?) what needs to go once I decide. Let me know if you are interested in anything through comments or email (same thing really).

That's all that has really been going on here in the last couple of days. Yesterday I was really sick and took a nap at 4 in the afternoon till the boy came home. I got dinner (soup and a grilled cheese sandwhich) out of that. The weird part was that I woke up wanting to knit socks. Now, I've never knit socks and I don't just have dpns laying around here, but I think I have the yarn I want to use (the claudia hanpainted my lovely sp sent me). I'm thinking of knitting up ankle socks but where do I get 2.5mm and 3mm needles? I have two 3.25 circs I could use though that doesnt help. Any ideas here?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I want to knit River too. I've got too much on my plate at the moment. Unfortunately I don't have any thought about your needle issue. Any chance of borrowing the DPNs off of someone?

19/8/05 8:40 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

I was trying to decide between candy girl, blushes, and dewberry...candy girl is my usual girl (habits are hard to break I guess)

cant wait to see how we do on this kal, should be fun!

19/8/05 10:07 PM  
Blogger SylvChezPlum said...

I've heard of knitting socks with 2 circs.. If that can help ?

20/8/05 6:46 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Rosie's always has a good stock of small needles, if you make it into the city. (You can also call them and pay by phone to have them mailed to you.) They tend to have bamboo, which is what most people prefer. (Not me! hehehe)

If all my sock needles weren't in projects, I'd offer to loan them to you. (It's addictive. I swear.)

20/8/05 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home