9.08.2005

Trip news and even a cut

Why am I posting a pic of myself while not modeling any knitting? Because this is as close to bangs I have been since I was in sixth grade. Back then I was sporting the big, hairsprayed wave, (oh you know you were too!) and I accept partial blame to that hole in the ozone layer (sorry Australia!). I must admit my style has improved since then, no hairspray, no banana clips, no leggings, and no scrunchies. At least I never wore those dreaded z.cavariccis, do I get any points for that? I'll have to live with my fake bangs for a while before I decide if I want to go shorter or "real" next time. I really like them as is, what a difference bringing pics from the internet does. Usually I just mumble something and make my stylist look through books with me or make up something as she goes (I'm very trusting).

Is this why I'm really posting? nah, I have some exciting news, well exciting to me at least. Can't you tell I'm excited in this pic? (yep, I'm lame, did it really take you this long to realize this?) Remember when I asked for vacation advice? Well, the bf is being sent away for work for a couple of weeks (sniff!sniff!) and we decided, like the geniuses that we are, to tack on our vacation at the end of his trip. The poor boy has to be in China for two weeks by himself and I get to meet him in Tokyo for a week! I was going to go to China (near Shanghai) as well, but his boss didn't think that was such a great idea (who does he think he is anyway?). I'm going to be all by my lonesome till I fly to Japan by myself. : ( I guess the boy is going to have to get over his whole not-wanting-to-fly thing now isn't he? hah!

I'll mostly be bringing back some craft/knitting books I've been drooling over but have never seen in person. Is there any yarny goodness I should also be in the lookout for? I have a small list of yarn stores already (we thought we were going to go earlier in the summer) so what "normal" touristy things should we do? The boy wants to see Mt. Fuji and I just want to walk around and look in all the cool stores. We know we are going to eat a lot and go to the arcades, but now I have to start researching our daily activities. Any suggestions are appreciated.

umm, I guess I should make this post somewhat knitting related. The new Knitty is up (as if you didn't know) and it's quite good! I think it's their most consistent one to date. I'm slowly plugging away on my River Stole and I started another camisole as well. I'll try to post pics of it on another post.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay vacation! Your short haircut is super cute. I like the swooping-to-the-side bangs look!

I am like the worst haircut person.. I go in with very little idea of what I want, request 'something fun' and then get all unsure if its working at the end. The hairstylist is probably way tired of me..

8/9/05 4:52 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Love the hair! Very cute!

Your vacation sounds like a dream! WooHOO!!

8/9/05 5:38 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Wow I love the hair (I'm pro bangs myself)!!

YAY for Japan. My husband & I were there for a month in 2001. His band was touring there so it was a whirlwind of sightseeing & sleeping in tiny apartments or youth hostels but it was great!!

I don't have any yarn/knitting recommendations for you (I wasn't knitting back then).

My favorite parts of Japan were Tokyo (in general- it is so surreal there),Fushimi-Inari in Kyoto and Miyajima Island.

There is so much to do & to eat! Just be prepared for some funky options! The picture menus can't really prepare you for what you actually get! It's was a great adventure!

Oh & I was serious about the tamarind paste! If you can't find it just let me know. It would be easy to send you some!!

8/9/05 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the bangs are cute!

What a fun trip! I'm jealous.

8/9/05 5:40 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Cute hair. I am so jealous of your trip. I need to get back to Japan. I've been there twice and haven't once been to Tokyo. How wacky is that?

Did you see the VK article about knitting in Japan?

8/9/05 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my GOD your hair is GREAT and you have the NICEST EYES. I'm jealous. I'm also SO SO SO SO SO jealous of your TRIP!!!
YAY!!!! I'm doing a dance for you RIGHT NOW!

8/9/05 8:51 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

hey! Thanks for the encouragement!
I love the bangs and I'm super jealous of the Japan trip! I was made in Japan (parents were Marines, stationed there) and have always wanted to go!
Look at the exclamation points!!

8/9/05 9:35 PM  
Blogger PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

I am so mega jealous! Always wanted to go to Japan! & ever since I have been knitting I have seen so many amazing japanese yarns & knittting notions!! you will have so much fun!

As I told you before, the new do is great! I miss my bangs, I am in a growing them out phase for now. So i will live vicariously through your bangs for now! : ')

8/9/05 10:50 PM  
Blogger SylvChezPlum said...

Ooh, Japan, that's the land of Noro, right..?!!! Hope you have the best time there ! (been there 3 weeks but all went wrong mostly due to our lack of preparation and lack of enough dough..;-) But seems like a BEAUTIFUL country, and VERY different..!!)
Bring back some pics for us... ;-)

9/9/05 3:46 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

oh, i'm very jealous. my brother just went to tokyo and said it was CRAZY but great. (like a Times Square that doesn't end.) I also applaud your bangs -- I have been slowly cutting them shorter and shorter, fearing a return to my bad haircuts from the past. (i had big hair in 8th grade, and i swear there are 500 pictures of me from that one year.)

9/9/05 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, japan! *drool*

how about a pink chibi? i know they're so last year ;), but i hear they're easier to come by in japan. that and small-circumference circular needles.

9/9/05 3:23 PM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Cool ... so you're not going to Shanghai? I've never been there but all my friends who did said it's a cool city. Have a good time on your vacation.
Thanks for stopping by my blog ... wish to see your River FO soon too!

9/9/05 5:55 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Your hair looks great! Hope you enjoy your trip!

10/9/05 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hair!

Look, if you created half the hole, I created the OTHER half. 'nuff said.

13/9/05 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home