9.06.2005

Caribbean Socks

Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted Fingering Merino in Caribbean Blues
Needles: US2 (2.75mm) Clover DPNs
Pattern: Summer Socks
Date Started: 8.24.05
Date Finished: 9.05.05

Socks are like sisters, sometimes one of them is prettier or smarter, always knows the right things to say and do while the other is more comfortable in the shadows, tugging at her ill-fitting clothes. Can you tell which is which in the pic above?

I finally started the second sock on Sunday when the BF dragged me to see March of the Penguins, I figured all the ice would be enough light to knit by. (If you want to feel like you are back in elementary or middle school, then go see this movie) I finished the rest of the sock on our way home. Ah, the second sock! I managed to remember to decrease on both sides of the short rows (what a concenpt), picking up stitches was much faster, and my kitchenering was so much neater. I still hate the cable caston and I don't get how I'm supposed to get down to eight stitches total before grafting (I made it down to 24 before grafting). I also included one last round knit only on needle 1 to get the yarn away from the middle so I could graft (again, didn't know how else I was supposed to do this). Overall, I like sock knitting and who knew it was so easy. My next ones will be toe up and perhaps involve some magic looping; you can't say I never like a challenge.


60 second March of the Penguins:
Penguins walk, they have sex. Penguins walk, they eat. Penguins walk, they die. Penguins walk some more. New penguins are born.

2 Comments:

Blogger PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

YAY!!! socks done! they look good. both sisters are very pretty in the pic. : )
that is pretty much exactly what my friends said about that movie.

6/9/05 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, those are very very fun!

6/9/05 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home