9.12.2005

Must be the bangs

No real news on River to share with you. I was down the shore for the weekend and just knit a little here or there but to be honest the pattern is kinda boring me. I think that I'm going to plug away at it all this week so I can be done with it (what are the chances of this happening?!). I've been secretly working on another Tubular Camisole with some stash yarn. I wanted to try it again with a lighter yarn and maybe a slouchier fit before summer completely fades away. Isn't it funky? It's Noro Sumire, a now discontinued cotton and silk blend. I can't find any information on it online, but I promise I'm not lying. It's nice and soft and even kinda fun to work with.

The silk and cotton are spun together until you get to breaks where the silk is basically bursting from the cotton giving the yarn a thick and thin quality. Sumire could quite possibly be the mullet of yarns; all business over here, party over there. This yarn is so funky in fact that I managed to pick up two (two! one each way) boys on the train last week while knitting this. I wasn't even trying since I'm not looking. They just started talking to me asking about what I was making and one even telling me how they used to crochet as a kid. Ladies and gents, if you are looking for a date forget bars instead take a knitting project on public transportation and they'll be flocking to you.

Thanks everybody for your comments, it definately made me feel better and I'm loving the bangs. It's funny to think of all the pictures I brought with me to get my cut, I'll have to make a collage out of them to show all of you. Now that I'm back home I'll get back to all of you through email.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Very nice! I need to get going on my cami. It will be too late for summer weather, but I figure it will look cute under little jackets/blazers. The yarn you are using looks really great!

12/9/05 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, that is a fun yarn. Why do they always discontinue the good stuff?

12/9/05 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving the yarn....and the bangs :-)

13/9/05 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rockin! I think the guy-attraction must be partly attributed to the really cool yarn (and the bangs, of course). That yarn looks like a party is going on. I wonder if guys would be as inclined to approach a knitter working with solid color wool?

13/9/05 10:25 AM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

That is some seriously fun yarn - love it. The bangs look good too!

13/9/05 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home