9.06.2005

Upstream


What does this detail-filled picture tell you?! Yes, lace looks like crap as you knit it, but more importantly, that I cast on for my River Stole.

Remember all those knitting plans I had last week? Well, this is as far as I got this weekend (there is just no lace knitting at the movies, glacial ice or not). I actually had to stop on Saturday night because I was too tipsy to figure out the pattern after coming home from a party. This is what things look like towards the end of the first repeat, exciting no?



I really like these Clover Ivory needles I'm using. They are both quick and slow enough to handle the KSH, my only gripe is that I wish they had pointier tips. I'm assuming their size has something to do with this. Other than that, it has been smooth sailing (apart for the being drunk thing). I can't decide though if I like working from the chart or from the written pattern, I keep going back and forth but more and more relying on the book.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Socks and stole look super cute! I love the color of River. Lace really doesn't look good until it's blocked.

6/9/05 4:50 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

that's awesome that you tried knitting lace with kidsilk while tipsy! brave gal! i gave up drunk knitting a while ago. it does combine my hobbies, but i'm just not skilled enough. ; )

6/9/05 8:44 PM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

it's coming along great! and i think you're right about the tips being due to the fatness of the needles...i'm using bryspun circs in US10 and the tips don't seem that pointy at all.

6/9/05 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mahahhaha drunken knitting!!! thats GREAT!!!

Am I missing something? What is this River Stole I keep hearing about?! Is it online?! I always miss the good stuff, but I adore your choice of color!

6/9/05 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the HECK. I'm not ANONYMOUS! This is AMANDA!

6/9/05 10:43 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Your River is coming along fine and the colour you've chosen is absolutely gorgeous! Personally, I always find the written pattern easier to follow than a chart. I can make a kind of mantra from a written pattern so don't have to keep looking to see what comes next! I've tried the drunken knitting before - didn't go too well!

7/9/05 3:38 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Yahaira, your contact button for email wouldn't work for me. You asked about Icelandic cast off so I'll answer here if you don't mind. I was told that you knit the first two stitches and then put them back on the left hand needle; k2tog, k1, then put two stitches back on left needle and repeat until there are none left. It creates a nice loose cast off. Thanks for your comments by the way.

7/9/05 4:06 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

What a great color! Those arm warmers and the socks are very nice too. If I'm going to have drinks, I need to switch to stockinette immediately or better yet plain knitting in the round for a bag or something. It's just too dangerous.

8/9/05 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks so soft! And of course hot pink is groovy! You're v brave to tackle such a complex-looking pattern. I've seen this knitted up and it was beautiful. Well done!!

xx

9/9/05 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home