11.23.2005

Feeling Better

and now I was somehow regulated to cleaning the house before we leave for the long weekend. Stupid non-existent maid! Anywho, I survived the ebola/sars/smallpox/polio/bird flu scare you all diagnosed me with and I even got to make some flan (don't ask) today for tomorrow's dinner. Now I have to get the important things packed up, namely what knitting projects get to come with me. I've noticed that anytime I say I'm going to knit while on vacation that, well, it never happens. hmm, I wonder if this time it will be different. Here's to hope. Backyard Leaves is making the trip up, so is the boring hat, the poor neglected elfine socks will get some attention, and I want to finish the second sleeve of the hourglass sweater. Even as I write this I know that I sound dillusional or naive. I'm probably both, but it's not going to stop me from packing all of this.

To distract you from my mental disorder, look! I won a blog contest! Marie, of Brooklyn Handspun, took a little survey and, somehow, yours truly was picked at random to get one of her handspun yarns. She surprised me by sending me an extra skein.

First, she spoils me by sending me over 100 yds of handspun and handdyedoptimum wool. This stuff feels like silk. I've sung the praises of optimum before, so I'm very excited about knitting this up. Any pattern suggestions? Maybe I'll sneak it into some socks or gloves, though for now it will just have to be a little pillow on my desk.

Anyone that reads this blog knows that I appreciate pink. Pink makes me smile. This crazy (in a good way) novelty merino and cotton is destined to become part of a funky hat or scarf, I just have to make a pattern up for it. Thanks again Marie!

In true procrastinator fashion, we aren't leaving till tomorrow. I won't be around though, so Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!

ps you can get Brooklyn Handspun yarns at The Point as well, so stop by if you are around.

9 Comments:

Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

You rock girl! Thanks for the shoutout!

23/11/05 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, that pink is AMAZING & would be great MITTENS.

Knitting mittens has potential for fun right??

23/11/05 4:39 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Glad you're feeling better! Pink is awesome!

23/11/05 6:50 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Glad you are up and about.

The handspun is delicious!

23/11/05 8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink is awesome, but pink with BROWN is better ;) Hope you make some good progress this weekend. Remember, the more you knit the boring hat, the sooner you won't have to worry about knitting it anymore!

23/11/05 9:38 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Love the pink yarn!

I know what project you should bring with you - the tubular camisole!

23/11/05 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's my turn to be sick now, I hate this time of year! everyone's sick. Love that pastel yarn. Have a happy Thanksgiving!!

24/11/05 11:34 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

i really want to reach out and touch the pink yarn.
enjoy your holiday! i'm sure you'll squeeze in some knitting.

25/11/05 11:44 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

ooo, I've been ogling Brooklyn Handspun for a while now and you've pushed me over the edge!
hey, you knit the armwarmers from SNBNation, right? I might knit them...any advice or warnings?

28/11/05 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home