12.22.2005

Break

I've taken a bit of a knitting hiatus for the last few days, so there's not much new to report. The one or two quick knits I've manged to finish can't be shown since the giftees read the blog. Well, that and I couldn't manage to get a good picture before it was sent off. Here's a color preview at least.

What to do for this post? Answer a meme, of course. Purly and Angela both tagged me with the knitting space meme. I meant to answer a while ago, but I just couldn't get a good pic really and what do you do if you have more than one knitting hot spot?

This is where the planning begins. I sit behind the sofa, dwarfed by my bookcases, looking for patterns I have yarn for or getting new ideas for something later. A couple of shelves above this is my yarn stash, so everything is within easy reach. It's a pretty tight spot, hence the wonky picture, which makes it a really good place to hide from the boyfriend. I'm surprised he hasn't caught on this whole time, he just has to see that the glass doors are opened which must mean I'm there.

Ever wonder why my knitting is a little slow at times? Because one of my other spots is at my desk, where my computer tempts me with it's easy access to bloglines and flickr. I always think I can do both, or that I'll be really quick, but nope I get sucked in by all of your blogs. Maybe this spot needs to be retired for '06. I've been replacing it with the kitchen (no pic), though it doesn't always work since I have wi-fi at home.

The futon, I'm usually here on our boring, beige futon with boring beige pillows. This most likely explains why my projects need to be nice and bright! Needless to say, I didn't pick this one out, but what can you do? I knit while watching tv or "watching" the boyfriend play video games. I'm not sure why he needs me there, but it works out for the two of us.

Thanks everybody for the sweet comments on my mom's shawl. I really do hope she likes it. The parental units fly up tonight and then tomorrow we drive up to stay with my boyfriend's family, needless to say I won't be blogging much for the next week or so (though I'll try to sneak a post in before new year's).

I did want to thank Eunny for the early xmas present she sent me:

I've never had someone go through so much trouble to make me something, especially something as gorgeous as this. It's perfect! I love that I can use it as a purse or as a knitting bag since it's so roomy. I know that I'll be treasuring this for a long time.

Happy Holidays everybody!

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so lucky. I need a blog so I make friends with Eunny too!! I loooove that bag. If I had mroe skills I would attempt to copy it. In ten years if your in Brooklyn and you see a woman with the same bag it's me!

22/12/05 11:09 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

oh I a so jealous! I've been envying that bag for so long! Well, *grumble grumble* Happy Birthday!
PS. I finished Hot Lava last night-have you started yours?

22/12/05 11:40 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hurrah - a photo of the bag! It looks amazing.

22/12/05 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY MOLY! You ARE super lucky! I'm so jealous. Can I borrow that sometime, you know, when we're ever in the same area? ;)

22/12/05 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed that the gorgeousness Eunny knit was for you! For you! You are a very lucky gal, that bag is fantastic!

22/12/05 12:31 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

The bag Eunny made for you is gorgeous!

22/12/05 12:51 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

The bag is just gorgeous. Happy Holidays! BTW, I think your mum will love the shawl. I know I do!

22/12/05 1:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow you are so lucky. That bag is absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy and happy holidays!

22/12/05 2:24 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

i saw that bag on her blog, i think, but i had no idea that it was a gift for you! how wonderful!

i sometimes wonder how much more productive a knitter i'd be without reading blogs. but it would be much less fun!

have a great holiday -- talk to you upon your return!

22/12/05 2:34 PM  
Blogger B's Momma said...

You are sooooo lucky to get that bag, wow. wow. I've been admiring it on Eunny's blog and though " What a Bag !!!"

Happy Holidays !!

22/12/05 3:00 PM  
Blogger Julsey said...

Ok. That's just so NOT FAIR!!!! I watched Eunny go through hell and high water for that bag too. I can't believe it's all yours, (like Napoleon Dynamite)...LUCKY!!!

22/12/05 4:32 PM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

i just saw this shot on flickr and i was like...wait a second...i know that bag! how cool that you scored it.

22/12/05 4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you suck. I'm in a jealous, covetous rage that you got that bag.

Just kidding. You are soooooo lucky.

22/12/05 4:59 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

What a great gift! Lucky girl!!! :)

Have a safe trip & a wondeful holiday!!

22/12/05 6:07 PM  
Blogger kathyruth said...

Eunny is an amazing knitter and you are so lucky!

22/12/05 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy moly. what a gift! lucky lucky you.

23/12/05 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the knitting spots... I too spend much time on the couch watching my partner watch the basketball games he is addicted too, and this pattern also works for us. LOVELY bag. Do you know if the pattern is available? Happy Holidays!

23/12/05 1:53 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

You are luckier than lucky to get that bag as a present, it is a work of art. Enjoy it!

The extensive knitting book collection is envy worthy as well.

enjoy the holidays!

23/12/05 6:32 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

You're so lucky getting a pretty bag like that! I'll have to settle for knitting one for myself.

23/12/05 6:41 PM  
Blogger illanna said...

Wow I was following the story of that bag that Eunny posted on my blog. I can't believe it was for you all along! You are a lucky devil. I really like your collection of knitting books, especially the large collection of orange bottoms (Rebecca). I just bought my first Rebecca and I'm a little obsessed, in an unhealthy way. Have a happy hyxilyx (which is the word I had to type for the verification).

24/12/05 9:28 PM  
Blogger illanna said...

Duh, I mean Eunny posted on HER blog. She doesn't post on my blog... nobody does.

24/12/05 9:29 PM  
Blogger verasunshyne said...

yet another envious comment on your loverly bag. . .It's stunning! congrats on that. . .

27/12/05 2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got me figured out with the cotton yarn. It's like I think buying the yarn = making the project. Oy. But my yarn almost (except for the huge cotton cone) all fits into the plastic drawer thingie now! Isn't that good?! Remind me come summer I have PLENTY of cotton yarn.

Happy new year!

28/12/05 8:47 PM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

I REALLY love the orange bag on the white chair(patern??)... but the present bag here at the bottome, it is GORGEOUS! what a wonderful gift.
Lucky!

7/1/06 11:56 AM  
Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

That bag is amazing!

22/1/06 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home