12.15.2005

RIP Camisole

Such a dramatic picture for an anti-climactic moment. I knew it was going to happen, but I kept denying it. The camisole and I had a good relationship so I don't begrudge her. Things started off nice, as they often do, with the hopes and excitement that come with something new. She was one of those friends that you imagine becoming best friends with, how could you not with all the fun you were having. You start talking on the phone a lot or hanging out all the time. "She's so cool!", you think. You even get cocky and think "I have some of the best friends around, how did I get so lucky?" Don't worry, we all think this.

Eventually it sneaks up on you, this feeling of friendship ennui. The friendship is played out, the newness is gone. You end up doing the same things over and over again. Little things start to annoy you. You find yourself bored, but you don't say this with that half BFF charm hanging around and all. You start to call less, you are too busy to talk, and you already have plans, sorry. There's still friendliness when you run into each other, with false plans, or is it hope?, that you'll hang out again. Sorry camisole, I moved on. I knew that I would never finish your ribbing and really, I don't think we are that much alike. I was blinded by your coolness, funkiness even, but really we were never that compatible.


Oh, who's this? Just a new friend named Ella. Well, really she's more my mom's friend, maybe even her future BFF. I won't jinx it though. Admittedly, I haven't really been hanging out with Ella that much with catching up with work and all. I mostly worked on her during the weekend and did a few rows here and there during the week. I'm finally at the end of section 2 in the pattern, though that's the section I get to stay in since we are going for a triangle here. Though it's hard to tell from the picture, I have 240 stitches there, which translates to roughly 26" from tip to bottom and, I'm guessing, somewhere around 48" in width. I'm still not sure what finished size I want for this any suggestions? I'll just keep knitting till it's time to pick up my mom at the airport.

Gratuitous reverse shot:

Angela tagged me with the "knitting space" meme a few days ago, I'll try to get those pics posted this week as well.

10 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

RIP camisole. what will it become now?

the reverse shot reminds me of grapes! i think your plan to keep knitting until mom arrives is quite sound.

15/12/05 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which camisole is that? Ella looks nice so far. I'm supposed to be starting one sometime soon, but don't ask me exactly when. How's your post-dental procedure recovery going?

15/12/05 12:20 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

That's an excellent shot of the partially ripped cami. Such dramatic lighting. Maybe the waiting for judgment music from Project Runway should be playing in the background.

Your Ella is looking beautiful! I'm really impressed. Your mom is going to love it!

15/12/05 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer about the camisole, but Ella is definitely the same pattern as the Rebecca wrap. It's just set up to increase. Also very pretty!

15/12/05 12:47 PM  
Blogger heatherfeather said...

hee hee - we're about at the same place in our grey woolen shawls for our mothers!

ella's lookin' good!

15/12/05 12:57 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ella's looking very nice! As for the cami, RIP...

15/12/05 7:00 PM  
Blogger verasunshyne said...

Hilarious blog! I stole a BFF necklace from Kmart in 2nd grade. . .Ella is beautiful!!

16/12/05 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a funky shot of the reverse side; Ella looks great!

17/12/05 7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your cami chat was wonderful!!! I'm amazed to see you rip something, you are always so dedicated!!!

and wow. Ella. that is so gorgeous, I want to rub my little face in it. I think its wonderful!!! Your a great knitter missy!

17/12/05 3:33 PM  
Blogger Atouria said...

Ella is beautiful! I think Ms Winter will just adore it. I can't belive how quickly you finished her. You are SO fast! :)

21/12/05 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home