8.24.2005

Why can't I sleep?

This is just a quick post because I want to sleep, but for some reason I can't. So here I am at almost three thirty in the morning, watching kids in the hall, trying to knit a sock, reading blogs (why does bloglines not pick up any feeds?), and ignoring the bias tank (it's sooo almost done, it just needs one more strap, I promise). umm yep, I'm trying to knit a sock. I see so many other knitters doing them, that I think I finally got sock envy. So far I ripped them once because I had ladders all over the place, this second go is a bit better though I can't get the handle of holding all those needles (what are you supposed to do with them?) and making sure things don't twist (since I have no clue how to hold five needles). I'll post a pic later in the day on how my progress goes. I told myself that if I stick with it and find that I like it, then I'll buy myself some official sock yarn. Right now I'm using some beautiful yarn that my Secret Pal sent me (yes, I'm very lucky).

And since I'm up, when I should be in my nice, warm bed, I decided to make a button (why not?!).


I know you have all been dying for an official knit fix button and now you can download it to fill your hearts desires. Now you can't say I never gave you anything!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I love the button! Can't wait to see how the socks turn out too. Hope you get some sleep soon!

24/8/05 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are jumping on the sock bandwagon! If you can't get the hang of all those DPNs, you might want to try two circulars or the magic loop on one long circular. I can't stand DPNs, but two circulars work really well for me.

24/8/05 1:16 PM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

hey insomniac...try making the suss wrap cardi...i promise, that will put you to sleep faster than a hit of ambien and a shot of jim beam. (i would guess.)

p.s. how does one get a secret pal?

p.p.s. kids in the hall?! where in the world is that still on tv? i love that show and haven't seen it in years...

26/8/05 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home