8.26.2005

I feel like Bubsy

What or who is Bubsy you ask? Back in the old days, the eighties, there used to be a game where it was up to you, Bubsy, to stop aliens (the Woolies) stealing all the world's supply of wool. “Balls” actually. Yep, that's right, they are stealing balls of wool! Who knew when I was a wee child that I would grow up still thinking I had to "save" the world's supply of wool, or any fiber really? I look at my stash and wonder how I ended up with so much. It's time to clean it up and at least get rid of the random skeins in there. No, I'm not throwing anything away, rather I'm going to knit up a bunch of stash busting projects before I start any fall knitting. Anything I can't or don't want to knit with will be put up for sale. So, if you would like to help protect the world's yarn supply, then you can check it out and email me or comment if you are interested. Right now I only have two different yarns up, but I'll also be selling some Colinette Point 5 soon enough. I'm not looking to get rich or anything, I'm no yarn store, though I play one on my blog. I accept Paypal (even credit cards with it) or checks.
update: the yarn has been rescued!

My latest rescue: two skeins of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Candy Girl (my kind of girl!). I'll be casting on for the lovely River Stole sometime next week (remember what I said above, tiny projects first...geesh you are forgetful). I'll be using my lovely Clover Ivory needles, which are very much like Bryspuns I think. I love "candy girl", but now I wish I had chosen one of the new versions of KSH. I finally got to see them today at my LYS (fresh out of the box) and I have to say that kidsilk night is extremely lovely. It sparkles. SPARKLES!! So much yarn to rescue!

3 Comments:

Blogger knitlit kate said...

that stole will be so beauteous in the CG. and what a surprise that you would go for the PINK. not that i blame you. a girl can never have too much of it...

27/8/05 8:52 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That is a gorgeous color for River! Exciting! I don't remember that game from the 80s but it sounds perfect for the knitter that I've become today.

27/8/05 9:43 AM  
Blogger Horse Power said...

Never heard of Bubsy, but it sounds like something concocted by some very forward-planning LYS owners. It would explain so much! (I like the concept of "rescuing" yarn, though. As in "it NEEDED to be a Clapotis, I HAD to buy it!")

28/8/05 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home